DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Crashing 2862AC

• madexmatt
  • Topic Author
More
29 Oct 2019 23:05 #7 by madexmatt
Replied by madexmatt on topic Re: Crashing 2862AC
Pretty sure you drop pppoe connection and DLM takes that as a drop...

Could be wrong though, however my real solution is to put aside the new router as it’s incapable of doing what I needed and use ISP (gasp but the smart hub from BT isn’t too bad for free)

Many many years I’ve worked with draytek kit and it’s been good for the router side, quite shocked to be honest...

They also need to read forums more and educate their support guys, even if I find a log they send it off to Taiwan anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 15:36 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Crashing 2862AC
Well I don't claim any expertise on that but it doesn't appear to be the case - I can mess around with the router settings as much as I like, with all the concomitant reboots, and DLM does not kick in, as it used to before I went down this route.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
30 Dec 2019 16:28 #9 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: Crashing 2862AC
I too have a 2862 that randomly restarts.

This has the same symptom (no debug data) etc. Have not yet gone down the route of swapping the power supply.

I've gone through the process of locking the DSL to VDSL only, disabling load balancing, disabling all unused WAN connections, all without change.

This has been present since 3.8.8 at least. It looks to be slightly better since 3.9.1.3 (achieves uptime of 3 days plus normally).

There won't be any syslog data recorded as this is lost when the restart occurs.

I note from the latest 2860 firmware (3.8.9.7) that there is a ACS related restart issue, maybe this also applies to the 2862.

At a guess I'd say this is an DSL related issue as I have another spare 2862 running the identical configuration (backup/restore config) which has been running for weeks without an issue, this doesn't obviously have any DSL connected or real data going through it though.

More
30 Dec 2019 18:29 #10 by x64
Replied by x64 on topic Re: Crashing 2862AC
My 2862ac's restarts are now a few weeks apart but still random and without a clue to diagnose it...

No ACS in my case. I use both Wifi (2.4 & 5GHz) and VDSL (Zen over open-reach circuit, Broadcom cab)

I'm on 3.9.1.3...

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2020 10:46 #11 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: Crashing 2862AC
Disappointed to read this, as I was looking to upgrade my 2860 for either a 2862 or 2926 now that I have a 300mbs fttp line.

What other router would you guys consider? I guess we're all liking the configurability of the Drayteks, but if they are no unreliable, I wonder what we end up going for?

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2020 18:11 #12 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: Crashing 2862AC
If you have FTTP go for a 2926 unless you need VDSL as a backup. We have a site with one of these, no issues with it at all.

The one 2862 that seems to randomly restart now goes for a week then may restart once or a couple of times then runs fine for a bit again. No pattern to the uptime. Running 3.9.2 firmware.
Will swap this at some point for another unit to see if the problem persists and also some more local logging to USB to see if this is somehow related to the line itself(even though set to VDSL only).