Vigor 2927ac crashing with FW 4.3.2

• iantoal
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2022 16:33 #25 by iantoal
Replied by iantoal on topic Re: Vigor 2927ac crashing with FW 4.3.2

DaveMG wrote:
Well finally after nearly two months, support got to the bottom of my crashing issue, it turns out the issue was caused by a software bug that was causing a VPN overflow. Issue will be resolved in FW 4.40 which is due for release soon, apparently.

That's great you got to the bottom of it. My last response from support was on Dec 31st despite having followed up twice since.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2022 11:21 #26 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 2927ac crashing with FW 4.3.2
Interesting behaviour from my 2927ax this morning - trying to access the dashboard on 192.168.1.1 I receive the message "waiting for draytek.com.tw" and the dashboard page remains blank.

This can't be right can it? Being able to manage the router locally depends on a working connection to draytek.com.tw ? That's crazy.

• iantoal
  • User
  • User
More
18 Feb 2022 14:56 #27 by iantoal
I got the opportunity to test the 4.4.0 release canditate 6 with my 2927ax. Initially there were lots of positive signs of fixes and improvements throughout the UI, but after a few hours performance took a nosedive, with high CPU util caused by any significant traffic through the LAN ports on the router - which includes my APs. If I connected directly to the wireless on the router I didnt see the major perf degradation.

More
18 Feb 2022 15:53 #28 by piste basher
Does the 4.4.0 have mesh capability as promised?

• iantoal
  • User
  • User
More
21 Feb 2022 16:28 #29 by iantoal
Didn't notice it, but then I wasn't looking for it. Reach out to me directly if you want to try it yourself.

More
21 Feb 2022 17:47 #30 by piste basher
Thanks, but I may as well wait for it to be officially released. Presently using the 2927ax in "stand alone" wifi mode with a wired AP960C as mesh root and two nodes. Works well enough for the time being.