DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

5G modem for draytek ?

More
07 Oct 2022 10:31 #13 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: 5G modem for draytek ?
Cannot see 100mb mentioned there but did see "Innovation in the 5G industry – 10 Gigabit Ethernet port ensures flexible connection"

But did see 100M mentioned on some doc but in the wireless area and then saw reference to GB ethernet ports. So I am fairly sure it is not limited on WIFI or LAN interface but not a 100% sure. I really went looking when you mentioned the 100M with a "that cant be right.... " thought :) I think clearer docs would be good.

The limit I see as an issue is the 30 devices that I see people referencing but hoping that is WIFI connected devices as opposed to LAN based devices but again docs are unclear. Not in any rush to get one but it would be a nice arrow to have in the quiver so to speak as there will be a need for something like this with one of our clients I am sure.

Des Quinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2022 11:21 #14 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 5G modem for draytek ?
Under "See More" on that Amazon page it says "LAN port bandwidth 100M"

But like you, I can't see that that can be correct.

I used a Netgear 4G modem as a back-up when I had the 2927ac, but the modem connected to the router via wifi and of course the "more recent" 2927ax doesn't have that facility :roll:

The Netgear 5G "modem/router" is crazily expensive.

More
07 Oct 2022 11:52 #15 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: 5G modem for draytek ?
yeah... have redeployed to AX devices as missed that small print on the WIFI Wan. Was not very happy.

"solved" why I could not see the 100M on amazon. When logged in I cannot see it and no read more but in private mode and logged out I can see it.

Des Quinn

More
07 Oct 2022 13:12 #16 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: 5G modem for draytek ?
It's not you that would be footing the 30k bill for the connection but the government. But, of course, it's up to you if you want to explore this option. Rural is what is stereotypically associated with poor broadband and that's I mentioned it. Anyone, it looks like you're going to go down the 5G option - let us know how you get on with it.

More
13 Oct 2022 09:17 #17 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: 5G modem for draytek ?
This is also available: https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6850-5g/

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
15 Oct 2022 13:14 #18 by j1mbo
Replied by j1mbo on topic Re: 5G modem for draytek ?

edinburgh wrote:
It's not you that would be footing the 30k bill for the connection but the government.

There are a few gov. schemes but I'm not sure any will pay that. Usually the default is to provide a 4G router and say 'good enough'. Even in a complete black-spot, the support can be refused if it would cost more than a few £000.