DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

4.4.2 on 2927

• craigski
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2022 14:26 #1 by craigski
4.4.2 on 2927 was created by craigski
I see from the 4.4.0 thread 4.4.2 is now available on the global site, the 4.4.2 release notes say it addresses the performance issues we were experiencing with H/W Acceleration, so we had to roll 4.4.0 back to 4.3.2.

Has anyone been brave enough and upgraded to 4.4.2 on 2927?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2022 15:53 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927
I'm trying it on my 2927ax. Although not mentioned in the release notes, it has apparently added mesh capability to the ax. I say "apparently", because although the router can "see" the nodes in "Mesh Discovery", it is unable to find them in "Add mesh node" mode*..... (I have 3 x AP960C nodes - the router says it supports "AP906" (sic). Doesn't work with AP903 (not in support list) either)

One would almost think that nobody at Draytek actually tries these features to see if they work before releasing updates.....

Still no sign of wifi WAN connection ability.

No other issues so far, but it is early days.

* The "search" for nodes bar reaches about 70% and then suddenly gives up. No nodes are ever found.

More
19 Oct 2022 16:50 #3 by piste basher
One issue which appears to have arisen is that the GUI frequently becomes inaccessible - for example, I am currently posting this via the router, which appears to be operating normally, but I am unable to access it on 192.168.1.1 (although I can ping that address). The screen just says "The Connection was Reset".

• craigski
  • Topic Author
More
19 Oct 2022 18:00 #4 by craigski
Replied by craigski on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927
I upgraded a 2927ax to 4.4.2 a couple of days ago, has fixed the H/W Acceleration issue we were seeing with 4.4.0, now seeing 900+ Mbs throughput again.

I haven't seen the GUI issue you mention.

More
20 Oct 2022 10:24 #5 by piste basher
One thing which seemed to trigger the GUI lockup was trying to do an AP Discovery on 5GHz. That worked fine on 2.4 GHz but on 5GHz clicking on "Scan" just resulted in an empty box and an unresponsive GUI.

I've reverted to 4.4 as I don't have a superfast connection to worry about.

More
10 Nov 2022 18:43 #6 by iansjohnston
Replied by iansjohnston on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927
Hi,

I tried upgrading my 2927ax to 4.4.2 just now and it failed, "You must upgrade FW immediately, or the router will die after reboot!".....so I hurredly flashed it back to 4.4.0.
I had tried 3 times to flash 4.4.2 to no avail.
The zip file is intact, and extracted without problem so don't know what the problem is......I'll wait for the next release I think!
A shame as I wanted to try the 2FA on VPN.

PS. Didn't know that the Data Flow Monitor caused issues with Hardware Acceleration........so have turned it off for now, I did wonder why I went from 930Mbps to 500Mbps!

Ian.