DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

4.4.2 on 2927

More
25 Feb 2023 17:07 #7 by stevepritchard
Replied by stevepritchard on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927
An oldish thread, I know, but I'd love to get 930Mbps on my 2927. I'm just getting 500Mbps, and as far as I know I've got everything switched off that prevents Hardware Acceleration from kicking in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tgold
  • User
  • User
More
05 Mar 2023 17:57 #8 by tgold
Replied by tgold on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927
I never had your problem with v4.4.2 on my router but maybe try v4.4.2.3 on https://www.draytek.com/support/latest-firmwares/. Note that Draytek labels v4.4.2.3 as a Release Type of "Critical - Upgrade immediately" rather than "Normal" that they labelled both v4.4.2 and v4.4.2.2.

Note: I see the potential need for UK specific or UK tested firmware versions when it comes to modems and maybe even regional versions when it comes to WiFi AP firmware, but I don't see any call for local variants for a plain Vigor 2927 and just IP handling.

More
06 Mar 2023 08:02 #9 by stevepritchard
Thanks - I'm already running 4.4.2.3. It was released recently to address a vulnerability (obviously a common one across multiple routers, hence the flurry of firmware releases recently).

I've raised a support ticket because, as far as I can determine, I'm not really doing anything special with my 2927. I am hitting a limit around 500Mbps (normally around 480MBps), but if I connect direct to the ONT then I'm getting 800Mbps+.

• shop
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jul 2023 18:49 #10 by shop
Replied by shop on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927

StevePritchard wrote:
Thanks - I'm already running 4.4.2.3. It was released recently to address a vulnerability (obviously a common one across multiple routers, hence the flurry of firmware releases recently).

I've raised a support ticket because, as far as I can determine, I'm not really doing anything special with my 2927. I am hitting a limit around 500Mbps (normally around 480MBps), but if I connect direct to the ONT then I'm getting 800Mbps+.

No change really. Draytek said that i should have H/W acceleration turned on when i reported struggling to get my 500Mb/s throughput on my fibre connection. They wouldn't say why their own spec says 800Mb/s without H/W acceleration.

More
19 Jul 2023 23:28 #11 by stevepritchard
Yeah, I probably need to get back on this. I either need to get the speed in paying for, or I should just drop to a lower cost package to avoid paying a premium for speeds I can't benefit from.

More
22 Jul 2023 19:01 #12 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: 4.4.2 on 2927
Hi Steve,

As discussed with user ‘Shop’, on another topic, you should check out this video:

https://draytek.co.uk/our-solutions/videos/draytek-webinars/draytek-router-wan-performance-and-hardware-acceleration

It might shed some light on your issue(s).