DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BeThere and Draytek

More
13 Aug 2007 23:54 #7 by shreyasnaik
Replied by shreyasnaik on topic 2910 and bebox bridge mode
Mark,

What bridge template did you use? I have had problems. Also, do you use a crossover or straight through cable from bebox to 2910?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2008 18:31 #8 by bigcw
Replied by bigcw on topic BeThere and Draytek
The 2600 will work, I've tried it with my 2600V, but will only go up to 8MBit. I got 7.4MBit, which I was happy with (pretty much the same as I got with 'normal' ADSL)

I bought a 2820N to replace my 2600. Am now getting 6MBit, which sucks.

About to try using the BeBox in bridge mode, connected to WAN2 on the 2820. Hopefully this will gain me a few MBit. Need to have the Draytek unit to sort out the VPN to my office, but in hindsight, I could have made do with a 2900 cable router, the same as I have at the other end!

Chris

More
08 Jan 2008 22:41 #9 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic BeThere and Draytek
a 2820 will work with annex m (2.5mbs upload as opposed to 1.3mbs) on be.
if you are having noise problems on your line, the first thing to do is check your distance from the exchange (www.dslreports.com) in order to have an idea of what sort of signal you should be getting.
don't expect 24mb if you live more than half a mile from the exchange.
once you have an idea of the signal you should be getting, you need to check your wiring as there is potential for good gains here.
there are various other tweaks but you are pretty much limited by your distance from the exchange and the state of the wiring.

the bebox for me, locked up every so often in bridge mode with my 2900. switching to a 2820 with beta firmware has solved this and my connection is solid at 19mbs/2.4mbs

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

More
17 Feb 2008 13:47 #10 by rbovenzi
Replied by rbovenzi on topic BeThere and Draytek

bigcw wrote: The 2600 will work, I've tried it with my 2600V, but will only go up to 8MBit. I got 7.4MBit, which I was happy with (pretty much the same as I got with 'normal' ADSL)

I bought a 2820N to replace my 2600. Am now getting 6MBit, which sucks.

About to try using the BeBox in bridge mode, connected to WAN2 on the 2820. Hopefully this will gain me a few MBit. Need to have the Draytek unit to sort out the VPN to my office, but in hindsight, I could have made do with a 2900 cable router, the same as I have at the other end!

Chris

Hi, I'm trying to get my dad's 2600G working on his new O2 BB service which I understand uses similiar ADSL2+ settings as BE (trawling through the forums). Any chance of posting the settings required to connect please? I have read on other posts that the following settings are required, can you confirm these are what you have set please:
Dynamic IP
Select ETHoA or Routed Ethernet over ATM or 1483 Briged connection
There is no login infomation required
Encapsulation : LLC
VPI : 0
VCI : 101
MTU: 1500

Thanks

More
17 Feb 2008 17:19 #11 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic BeThere and Draytek
that's it. i use a static ip and select annex m in the router also (be* pro)

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

More
19 May 2008 19:43 #12 by stuartd
Replied by stuartd on topic BeThere and Draytek
I am still waiting for my Be to be activated, which will be on the 22nd.

Be have sent me the speedtouch 780, can you set that to adsl mode only, i plugged it in and had a look on the router but i couldnt see any option, however it kept asking me to run the config wizard but that wont work until my internet is activated.

Moderators: Sami