DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's

More
27 Oct 2011 11:51 #13 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
You can get that from here:
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/VigorAP%20800/Firmware/v1.0.3/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 23:41 #14 by kc_
Replied by kc_ on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
That firmaware doesn't help.

Draytek support have ignored the issue, and told me to contact apple.

As we are a large support firm who supply lots of draytek equipment we are looking at alternatives.

Doesn't personally affect me as an android user, but we have to deal with the support calls from users and frustrations of our own office staff.
Why should it be down to me to speak with apple, surely draytek (if they could be slightly bothered) could get this resolved.

• oliverm
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2011 09:10 #15 by oliverm
Replied by oliverm on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
Hi

We're also seeing the same issue. We've started supplying AP800s to our clients that we provide support for and ALL of them are reporting the same issue with iDevices whereby the device shows that it's connected by websites don't display. Restarting the **AP** **NOT** the idevice solves the issue which doesn't imply it's an iDevice issue.

Frankly we have lost face, and worse in the current client, money by having to replace several of these devices due to furious demands by clients. Alternative vendor APs **DONT** have this issue it would appear.

We love Draytek but we have no choice but to not sell their devices at all where there is are any Apple products. This basically means to any of our clients. Where the Draytek device doesn't have WIFI included we will still consider selling it but given that a lot of clients want 28xx and 29xx devices with wifi as a nice extra, this limits us.

I'll forward this post to as many Draytek email addresses as I can for what good it will do.

Olly

More
02 Nov 2011 09:56 #16 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
I appreciate that some people might have an issue, but there not much in this thread that would help an engineer or support person identify and/or diagnose the problem so if you do report this to DrayTek, try and add additional information or diagnostics. e.g. is it a DNS issue (can you ping IP addresses but not URLs).

For reference, I have an AP-800 and several i-devices and they all work perfectly.

Forum Administrator

• agentx
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jan 2012 13:12 #17 by agentx
Replied by agentx on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
Just to chime in and say i have had issues as well with this product, but not with AP-700 which we used without issue for around 6 months. We replaced them with AP-800 and now issues have reared their ugly head. We pulled them all out and have gone back to Netgear. Must say i am disappointed. I know Draytek are cheap products for what they "say" they can do but feel i might be moving back to Cisco/Netgear in the future as the firmware revisions have been a bit of a car crash.

However i have a around 15 x 2820/2830 in service which once you get them set work very well indeed. WIFI bandwidth needs to be increased at all my sites due to so many iOS devices in the mix and is causing serious headaches ATM.

Also with all the FTTC connections (BT Infinity) coming also feel Draytek should get their documentation in order to help us poor folks trying to get BT hardware out of the mix.

• oliverm
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jan 2012 13:39 #18 by oliverm
Replied by oliverm on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
Hear hear!

Still unable (unwilling) to shift our draytek APs