Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's

• agentx
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jan 2012 14:54 #25 by agentx
Replied by agentx on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
Ok still having issues across the board with AP-800 and AP-700/800 do not seam to play ball.
I am pretty sure all the WDS stuff is not working correctly.
I am tearing my hair out! Randomis the only word i can describe what i am seeing

If anyone wants to contact me off list PLEASE do (anyone from Draytek would be better !) macagentx at mac dot com
I have dropped nearly £1000 into kit to extend WI-FI at all my 16 sites which have 2820n and 2830n installed.
Of course i will return if i cannot get all this stable.

Losing faith in Draytek by the minute and very frustrated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2012 10:26 #26 by itsn
Replied by itsn on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
Having the same problem with my MAC Book Air on the AP 800, funnily enough it doesnt happen on an AP-700.
The issue which happens every now and again, symptoms Wireless still connected, can't ping anything including external, internal and DG.
The quickest solution i have found is to Switch wireless (AirPort) off on the Mac and then switch back on. Hey presto back to normal. Has the same ip address but works this time.
I may consider turning off IP v6 if anyone has done this and it has resolved the issue.
I am truly surprised this hasn't been fixed by DrayTek. But i have to say dont get this issue with the AP 700 which seems fairly bullet proof.

More
28 Jan 2012 17:57 #27 by blackhat72
Replied by blackhat72 on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
Mark.. THe only way to figure this out is to get Wireshark on your laptop /pc and do a packet capture when someone is trying to use the iPhone via mail app. Its least likely to be AP related, but you never know/can tell unless you're looking on the wire.

Hope that helps.

Blackhat

Technical Consultant.

www.fahrenheit-it.com

More
02 Feb 2012 11:42 #28 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
LADIES,

Draytek, in their infinite wisdom and care, have the security set on the AP/Routers to be in WPA/WPA2 mixed mode. This allows compatibility between newer and older devices. Which is a good thing, right?

Apple, as always, have compatibility issues with... well, EVERYTHING. But in this case the security method on the AP. As it has not yet been mentioned in this thread, I would recommend enabling WPA2/PSK and AES on the AP/network as a whole. This should make the apples play nice. Even if it doesn't; you'll be more secure and have higher throughput. WIN/WIN

• oliverm
  • User
  • User
More
02 Feb 2012 12:07 #29 by oliverm
Replied by oliverm on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
but the WPA/WPA2 option on other makes works fine with apple.

While Apple kicking is valid to a certain point, all the evidence shows that issues occur with the AP800 and Apple devices. Remove the AP800 and put in something else with the same set up, problems dont occur.

• agentx
  • User
  • User
More
08 Feb 2012 12:01 #30 by agentx
Replied by agentx on topic Re: AP-800 Strange issue with iPhone's
I always try and use WPA2(PSK) AES as much as possible but not always practical in saying that i am very lucky to not be supporting dinosaur hardware nowadays. I have managed to get everything stable and of course have used Wireshark to see what is going on.