DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP910c now isolating between Bands

More
05 Oct 2017 13:29 #7 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: AP910c now isolating between Bands
I have been using 1.2.3 since it came out and, no, the problem has not been fixed yet.
I'm still having to use 1.2.0.1 in a couple of units as I need to pass traffic between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

Neil..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2017 14:39 #8 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: AP910c now isolating between Bands
This is disappointing :/

g6ifs wrote: I have been using 1.2.3 since it came out and, no, the problem has not been fixed yet.
I'm still having to use 1.2.0.1 in a couple of units as I need to pass traffic between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

Neil..

More
09 Oct 2017 10:09 #9 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: AP910c now isolating between Bands

g6ifs wrote: I have been using 1.2.3 since it came out and, no, the problem has not been fixed yet.

Neil..

Do the two SSIDs have the same name and pre-shared-key? That's the SSID configuration that the 1.2.3 firmware is meant to allow communication between, otherwise it isn't meant to pass traffic between SSIDs that have different names (because of changes to how the VigorAPs handle security)

Forum Administrator

• markus.schloesser
More
09 Oct 2017 22:15 #10 by markus.schloesser
Replied by markus.schloesser on topic Re: AP910c now isolating between Bands
even with the same name and psk there's still isolation going on, which is a pita when using a harmony hub (since logitech for some insane reason decided, that you need to be on the same ssid to get connection)

More
11 Oct 2017 17:25 #11 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: AP910c now isolating between Bands

markus.schloesser wrote: even with the same name and psk there's still isolation going on, which is a pita when using a harmony hub (since logitech for some insane reason decided, that you need to be on the same ssid to get connection)

That's unfortunate - I've just done a test with the 1.2.3 firmware on an AP910C with clients connected to 2.4GHz and 5GHz with the same name / password and the two Windows PCs are able to communicate. Perhaps it would be worth making a support ticket, since it's possible that the Harmony Hub uses a different protocol / communication method than what the firmware has so far been tested with.

Forum Administrator

More
18 Oct 2017 10:55 #12 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: AP910c now isolating between Bands
Will this be published on UK download page as well ?
Its still not showing up there as yet.