Apple WiFi woes

• steveburke
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2018 11:39 #19 by steveburke
Replied by steveburke on topic Re: Apple WiFi woes

macximum wrote:

steveburke wrote: Try flashing it back down to 3.8.5 and I bet all will behave beautifully again... Worth a try before doing a .rst, just to prove the point if nothing else?

Thanks Steve, I put it back to 3.8.5.1 last night and so far so good. In the end 3.8.6 was even stalling WAN connectivity, wired too! LAN was OK

My troubles all STARTED with 3.8.5.1

I have to go back one further to 3.8.5 to fix everything. Anything above this (and I've tried every release since) just causes issues with my WiFi and Apple devices, so if you still have issues, I suggest you go back to 3.8.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macximum
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2018 11:44 #20 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: Apple WiFi woes

steveburke wrote: My troubles all STARTED with 3.8.5.1

I have to go back one further to 3.8.5 to fix everything. Anything above this (and I've tried every release since) just causes issues with my WiFi and Apple devices, so if you still have issues, I suggest you go back to 3.8.5

Understood.

I'll dig out the 3.8.5 and get it uploaded - you just caught me at a clients and I've just updated them to 3.8.5.1 from 3.8.4.6... so they will be going down to 3.8.5 now too!

More
12 Feb 2018 20:18 #21 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: Apple WiFi woes
Opps i have updated to 3.8.6 and 5ghz has stopped working! Looks like a downgrade for now!!

• macximum
  • User
  • User
More
13 Feb 2018 14:03 #22 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: Apple WiFi woes
I'm back on 3.8.5 fw for my 2860ac and the wireless is stable on the whole, but I've had a few weird router crashes which require a power cycle - no wifi or broadband (it's Virgin in modem mode wired to the Ethernet WAN port) but internal wired LAN was fine (a movie was happily streaming to a wired TV using DLNA). I couldn't reach the admin interface either.

My 2860ac is soon either a. heading for a full .rst or B. heading for the bin!!!