Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Heads Up re AP 903 Firmware 1.3.7 Problems

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2020 00:26 #13 by hornbyp

cocospm wrote:
Also, when you get the blank Management page the Admin menu at the top right of the page is unresponsive.

Yes, I get that too.

I had a look at the messages between Browser and AP903 with Teleric Fiddler ...
...they all look 'fine' - no errors of any sort. Also, Fiddler's built-in Web Page renderer can see the returned page and displays it OK...

One thing I tried, was using HTTPS: instead of HTTP: and this cures the problem (for Edge, on my desktop - doesn't help Firefox).
But also, I get the Management Page displayed properly, using HTTP:, if I first "Clear the Browser Data" in Edge, using the 'history' options. (Just 'cached images and files')

So I'm guessing, it's a caching problem in one of the scripts. It possibly explains why it worked first time in Edge on my Virtual Machine; I've never used that machine before to access the AP903.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2020 09:10 #14 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Heads Up re AP 903 Firmware 1.3.7 Problems
Having nothing better to do on these rainy days I decided to play around a bit more, in particular re-incorporating the 2926ac into the mesh.

I think the problem I had initially was that I was trying to "find" an AP903 by wireless connection, but I was powering the AP903 by POE from a switch on the same subnet. Whilst perusing various Draytek.com articles I spotted a warning against doing this and creating a "loop". So I changed that AP903 to wired uplink and, with a bit of fiddling, eventually managed to add my 4 AP903s (3 x wired plus 1 wireless) as nodes to the 2926ac as mesh root.

Intriguingly, although I had not purposely done any "config syncing", it appeared that the admin passwords on the AP903s were changed when they connected to the 2926 :roll:

Having sorted that out, I then found the above problem with WPA3 security - with the APs on WPA3 and the router on WPA2 my devices would not connect - "invalid password". So I've changed the APs back to WPA2 and all is well.

Still no problems with the management page :D

More
01 Sep 2020 15:24 #15 by piste basher
I see that new firmware on the Taiwan site is supposed to address the "isolate bands" issue (not that I ever wanted to isolate them)

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2020 08:04 #16 by jadzy
I’m wondering if the problem my ap903 are showing is semi linked to this. The 903 keep forgetting or corrupting the Wi-fi password. Thought they’ve only done it since the 1.3.7 1 firmware. No issue on 1.3.7

My setup is a 2682ac (fw 3.9.4.1) as mesh root with two ap903 mesh nodes with wired backhaul. The Wi-fi on the 2682 is disabled as the HP printer would never stay connected. It’s happy, or was with the 903.

Wi-fi will work fine for several hours, or days then all devices will start reporting wrong Wi-fi password. Power cycle one or both ap903 and the issue goes away

Only idea I have is one ap903 is reporting a 100mbit connection to the 2682 but it should be 1000mbit. I’m guessing a cable issue that I need to look into.

Any ideas?

More
03 Oct 2020 09:22 #17 by piste basher
Possibly not much help to you but this was a problem I used to have with AP902s, especially on 5GHz - devices (mostly iOS but also a Surface Pro 4) would stop connecting and complain that the password was wrong. That problem eventually "went away" but I never knew whether it was a Draytek update or an iOS update that changed it.

I moved to AP903s and now have a 2926ac as mesh root (with both bands enabled and working fine) 3xAP903 wired and 1xAP903 wireless as nodes, all on latest firmware, and I can only say that I do not have that problem - but I feel your pain :roll:

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
04 Oct 2020 22:00 #18 by jadzy
my new 'feature' continues. duration between it corrupting the passwords seems maybe a little longer since I started power cycling both ap in parallel. most of our wifi devices are apple, but not all. i did wonder if its a ios update causing it. also wondered if its something to do with WPA3.

i've had the 903 for 6-12 months and they've been really good, until now.

got the mesh syslog going to the nas, shall have a study of that and see if anything appears.

maybe i try a firmware downgrade fix like you did.