DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Heads Up re AP 903 Firmware 1.3.7 Problems

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
08 Oct 2020 08:14 #19 by jadzy
Not solved my problems as yet. Bad cable found and sorted. 100mbit now back at 1000mbit. funnily enough, that didn't solve the corrupted wifi password problem. I've been trying with just one AP powered up. but that doesn't seem to make any difference. hohum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
17 Oct 2020 08:37 #20 by jadzy
Might have figured out my problem. I possibly wasn't far off with that cable fault the other day. The wiring i put in many years ago is cat5, not cat5e. though it is rated for 200mhz, so its kind of cat5e like. so thinking its struggling to maintain a reliable 1000mbit link between switch and wired port on the 903. this shows up more when using the ports on the 2682 instead of the unmanaged switch the connections usually all go through. the 2682 shows a nice obvious orange instead of green link state on the management page. with the unmanaged switch, apart from the LED on the front i probably didn't noice.

so is the mesh sync done without error checking. so over udp? i'd have thought not. but it fits the theory. dodgy ethernet leading to corrupt packets.

time to re-cable me thinks. bet it doesn't solve the issue, but i'll have better cabling!

issue seems to be happening less over the last few days for whatever reason.

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
03 Nov 2020 06:25 #21 by jadzy
well, I didn't re-cable (yet), but I did go back to the normal switch the home network runs from. all weird problems gone. so seems to strongly suggest the issue was caused by dodgy 1g links and unstable ethernet. draytek, whats going on here?

• foggy69
  • User
  • User
More
02 Dec 2020 07:39 #22 by foggy69
On my original AP903 running 1.3.7.1, the management page is still blank. I have purchased another AP903, updated it to 1.3.7.1 and I can view the management page for it.
I use the latest version of Firefox, and log in to both using their IP address, which are both on the same subnet LAN.

• anthian
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
20 Dec 2020 13:55 #23 by anthian

jadzy wrote:
I’m wondering if the problem my ap903 are showing is semi linked to this. The 903 keep forgetting or corrupting the Wi-fi password. Thought they’ve only done it since the 1.3.7 1 firmware. No issue on 1.3.7

My setup is a 2682ac (fw 3.9.4.1) as mesh root with two ap903 mesh nodes with wired backhaul. The Wi-fi on the 2682 is disabled as the HP printer would never stay connected. It’s happy, or was with the 903.

Wi-fi will work fine for several hours, or days then all devices will start reporting wrong Wi-fi password. Power cycle one or both ap903 and the issue goes away

Only idea I have is one ap903 is reporting a 100mbit connection to the 2682 but it should be 1000mbit. I’m guessing a cable issue that I need to look into.

Any ideas?

I have a totally wireless mesh with two 903s on 1.3.7.1 and a 2862ac on 3.9.5 (from the Taiwan site) and I have exactly the same problem - devices suddenly say wrong password.

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2021 05:05 #24 by jadzy
Pleased to say the weird corrupt password issue has remained gone since I stopped using the 2682 as a temporary main network switch. The aged TP-Link TL-SG1024D is back in place and continuing to do a good enough job of it to keep me happy! Still think i need to replace my cat5 (not 5e, but supposedly 200mhz rated, so sort of cat5e like) cable with cat5e/6/generally better! As its working again, motivation ceased to exist. i did go through a box of cables and cleared out several bits of older cat5 cable. 5e got to stay.

My problem and yours Anthian, suggests corrupt comms. mine over dodgy cable. yours over some dodgy wifi. presumably it worked fine for you before the f/w upgrade. don't think i'll rush to 3.9.5! The release notes have several things about mesh management in them. i note lots of reboot issues on installing it. I struggle to understand why corrupt comms would get past basic error checking and overwrite the password with junk, but seems it is.