Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Heads Up re AP 903 Firmware 1.3.7 Problems

• cocospm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2020 10:49 #7 by cocospm
Connecting via FQDN or IP address makes no difference here, and I find I can view the Management page in most browsers, but not my default Firefox.

I also connect on http port 8080, which is the default here for all our networking equipment. By changing to port 80 instead allows the Management page to display OK in Firefox.

I also found that some settings in the 1.3.7 firmware have been removed from the GUI:

In Wireless LAN (2.4GHz) > Advanced Settings:
Isolate 2.4GHz and 5GHz Bands
Isolate Members With IP

In Wireless LAN (5GHz) > Advanced Settings:
Isolate 2.4GHz and 5GHz Bands
Isolate Members With IP
MAC Clone

I had them all disabled anyway, so it doesn't impact things, but others may have used these and face issues as a result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2020 11:19 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Heads Up re AP 903 Firmware 1.3.7 Problems
IIRC the "isolate" settings were not present before 1.3.7

I've just logged in to one of my AP903s with Firefox and the management page is still fine....(but I admit that I'm using port 80)

I've also changed my security to WPA3/WPA2 Enterprise and iPhone (11 Pro) and iPads (new Pro) still connect OK, although I'm not sure how to determine if they're using WPA3 or WPA2 ?

• cocospm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2020 11:33 #9 by cocospm

They're all in 1.3.6.

I've also changed my security to WPA3/WPA2 Enterprise and iPhone (11 Pro) and iPads (new Pro) still connect OK, although I'm not sure how to determine if they're using WPA3 or WPA2 ?

Interesting. I haven't managed to get at any iOS devices to test yet. My WPA3-capable Android devices (already connected to WPA2) fail to connect when WPA3/WPA2 support is selected in the AP903 (claiming the WiFi password is incorrect). If I connect them using WPA3, they no longer connect via WPA2 using the same credentials. Given that I have a 2862ac as the main router (which doesn't support WPA3, at least not yet), roaming between the 2862 and the AP903s becomes impossible. So I have had to revert to WPA2 only on the AP903s. It's a shame.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2020 13:19 #10 by hornbyp

cocospm wrote:
Connecting via FQDN or IP address makes no difference here, and I find I can view the Management page in most browsers, but not my default Firefox.

I also connect on http port 8080, which is the default here for all our networking equipment. By changing to port 80 instead allows the Management page to display OK in Firefox.

How very odd. I compared the Web Pages generated for the Management Page by 1.3.6 and 1.3.7. There are one or two (seemingly innocuous) Javascript changes - but nothing that looks like it would stop the whole page displaying.

I decided to try Firefox, which I already have installed on a Virtual m/c (I use it solely to access Facebook ... not that I'm paranoid, or anything :wink: ). On that Browser, neither IP nor FQDN result in a visible Management Page :o

However...

On that Virtual Machine, I have (the new) Microsoft Edge installed, so I tried that too. It can access the Management Page via every method I try - i.e. it's different to my main desktop (despite running the same version of Edge).

I also found that some settings in the 1.3.7 firmware have been removed from the GUI:

Confirm that.

• cocospm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2020 13:31 #11 by cocospm

How very odd. I compared the Web Pages generated for the Management Page by 1.3.6 and 1.3.7. There are one or two (seemingly innocuous) Javascript changes - but nothing that looks like it would stop the whole page displaying.

I decided to try Firefox, which I already have installed on a Virtual m/c (I use it solely to access Facebook ... not that I'm paranoid, or anything :wink: ). On that Browser, neither IP nor FQDN result in a visible Management Page

Yes, that's my experience. Also, when you get the blank Management page the Admin menu at the top right of the page is unresponsive.

More
24 Aug 2020 14:00 #12 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Heads Up re AP 903 Firmware 1.3.7 Problems

cocospm wrote:

They're all in 1.3.6.

Clearly my old memory is letting me down!

Given that I have a 2862ac as the main router (which doesn't support WPA3, at least not yet), roaming between the 2862 and the AP903s becomes impossible. So I have had to revert to WPA2 only on the AP903s. It's a shame.

I've avoided that problem by no longer using my 2926ac as part of the wifi - just a mesh of AP903s now (although I've left the 5GHz active in order to connect a 4G router on WAN2, that's all it does)

I've now changed security to WPA3 only, all iOS devices and my old mac mini happy to connect it would seem. I'd previously set WPA3/WPA2 as I wasn't sure about the mini.