DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN on AP903 LAN Port

More
08 Feb 2021 15:30 #19 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VLAN on AP903 LAN Port
No problem - I was doing it as much for my own interest and education :) I now see your problem - I wonder why the Bind IP to MAC function doesn't seem to work? I've tried it with my laptop - and as you say, binding the MAC address to a 192.168.2.x IP doesn't change the IP address from the 192.168.1.x LAN. That appears to be a problem with the 2926, not with the 903s.

It does appear to work over wifi though. I have some IOT devices on wifi bound to the 192.168.3.x LAN and they get their addresses without problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foggy69
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Feb 2021 17:13 #20 by foggy69
Replied by foggy69 on topic Re: VLAN on AP903 LAN Port

hornbyp wrote:
The LAN ports on the AP903 appear to just bridge all traffic through to the Wireless link, for the far end to sort out.
(Which begs the question: "Why even have a 'Bridge VLAN to Mesh' option at all?" - does it just apply to its Wifi?)

If you add my favourite little Netgear switch GS105Ev2 downstream of the AP903, it can do the job of tagging/untagging the traffic for you. (Normally less than £25 inc delivery, from Amazon).

Thank you for the idea. I had an old TPLink switch laying about. This is now installed between the AP903 and the Myenergi Hub, which is now connecting to the correct VLAN.
It is a shame another device has been added to my network, but at least it is working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.