DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support

More
02 Mar 2023 09:38 #13 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: 2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support
I'd be quite happy to pay the current asking price on Amazon (£217) if the damn things work well. For me that means using my 2865 as a wireless Mesh root with a couple of Wireless APs and all my Apple devices remain connected to it with all the security turned on.

I'm still using a few 11 year old Apple Extreme WiFi APs using Apple's faux mesh because I can't find anything better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2023 21:46 #14 by adegotti@yahoo.com
Replied by adegotti@yahoo.com on topic Re: 2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support

pharcyder wrote:
There's a new AP announced (AP906). I wonder if its a better device?

It does not work as a mesh root. You might have to use one one of the 960C as a root.

More
09 Apr 2023 08:57 #15 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support
According to the UK site it can be configured as a mesh root https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigorap-906#specifications

When you say it doesn't work as a root, I suspect that you might be saying that it doesn't work with earlier iterations of Draytek mesh, as found in the 960C for example. That is the Catch22 that I discovered after shelling out for a 2927ax.

More
09 Apr 2023 09:25 #16 by adegotti@yahoo.com
Replied by adegotti@yahoo.com on topic Re: 2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support

Piste Basher wrote:
According to the UK site it can be configured as a mesh root https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigorap-906#specifications

When you say it doesn't work as a root, I suspect that you might be saying that it doesn't work with earlier iterations of Draytek mesh, as found in the 960C for example. That is the Catch22 that I discovered after shelling out for a 2927ax.

yes that is my point

More
10 Apr 2023 08:59 #17 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: 2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support
Seems the 2927ax still only works with the 906, still not with the 1060c.....which is plain nuts. There was an earlier thread where I moaned about this and will continue to do so!

More
19 Apr 2023 09:51 #18 by technical
Replied by technical on topic Re: 2927ax (ax) Mesh Root Support

nieldm wrote:
Seems the 2927ax still only works with the 906, still not with the 1060c.....which is plain nuts. There was an earlier thread where I moaned about this and will continue to do so!

2866ax owner same situation, recently installed 1060C and 918 now technically pile of scrap if want to keep AX.... Not only that consumer buys AX models and ends up with half working devices. wifi performance is shocking on router, wifi droputs etc... Funny part ap's have fancy new interface firmware where newest models routers are still stuck on old interface. Also functions and settings do not match. Try setting up wifi and differences clearly visible. You cant even select same encoding type.... Shocking to say the least. :evil: Can already see how how many draytek fans will be upset by such ignorant strategy on device support. Not to mention fact that this was not clearly communicated with potential buyers/consumers.

Moderators: Sami