DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn

More
01 Oct 2009 16:44 #19 by jhamshaw
Replied by jhamshaw on topic PSTN Relay issue sorted for me!!!
PSTN Relay issue sorted for me!!!

Thanks to Harry at Draytek UK Tech Support the fix that worked for me was :-

Could you try changing the Mic Gain to 10 in

VoIP -> Phone Settings -> Index 1 -> Advanced

All Sorted! Just an automatic pause after #0 needed now, so we can dial on cordless handsets before pressing the green button....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
10 Oct 2009 16:55 #20 by busta999
Replied by busta999 on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
yup

Just got back from holiday and tried it.

By switching the Mic Gain from 5 to 6 did it. (EDIT problem is actually intermittent, even with Mic turned up to 10 - it seems to be failing about 60% of the time :-) arrrgh back to square one)

Wow, great that it now works just wished it hadn't taken 5 months of harassment be me of Draytek, Broadbandbuyer and Amex to get them to fix this problem.

I have written over 20 letters, half of them recorded delivery.

Two videos, one on YouTube to shame them into fixing this.

An exchange of units. For which I have not yet received my shipping costs refund for. I have to chase that one down through the small claims court I guess.

Draytek owe us BIG time for being so darned persistent and tolerant of them.

More
12 Oct 2009 16:05 #21 by admin
Replied by admin on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
I've rarely seen that setting needed; the default is country specific but for the UK, the setting normally works fine. You may have pretty shoddy wiring!

Forum Administrator

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2009 19:14 #22 by busta999
You may be right, the house is 5 years old, so I doubt it, especially as the Draytek is plugged into the Master socket and there are no other telephone devices plugged in anywhere.

Strange how every other telephone device in the house worked fine, including broadband. I guess they are built to a broader tolerance level.

Good enough signal for Broadband not enough for Draytek Telephone, I would have expected it to be the other way around.

Anyway, if the Draytek needs to turn the microphone gain up to be able to dial a phone number that is what it needs, but still very odd indeed.

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
14 Oct 2009 09:45 #23 by busta999
Unfortunately problem is actually intermittent, even with Mic turned up to 10 - it seems to be failing about 60% of the time arrrgh back to square one :-(

More
14 Oct 2009 10:02 #24 by jhamshaw
Replied by jhamshaw on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
Mine has been 100% since the Mic gain was increased - must be line related as others have no problem at all......... My son is in a brand new house but BT, in its usual "economy" manner, has extended phone lines to the whole development from an exchange 5 or 6 km away - they can only get 1mb broadband and their line quality is shocking so new (ish) properties are no measure of a good line to the exchange - all sorts of old stuff can lie in the way.....