PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
14 Oct 2009 10:43 #25 by busta999
Replied by busta999 on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
I get pretty good DSL about 6MB down 1.5MB up

I am playing with the Speaker Gain and Dialtone Power to see if that improves things

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jan 2010 00:18 #26 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
Hi Busta,

Do you still experience this problem when you use a different analogue phone other than the BT DECT phone you used in the youtube video?

• bert.twildge
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2010 23:41 #27 by bert.twildge
Replied by bert.twildge on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn

jHamshaw wrote: My unit behaves in exactly the same way - I too believe that this is a firmware/hardware issue now that I've sorted the incorrect cable problem.

A fix would surely be the ability to insert a pause character at the front of a dialplan number, and/or to detect the PSTN dial tone after receiving #0 or a dialplan number and before dialling the rest (PSTN) of the number??

PS - Admin - can the 3 threads covering this issue be merged and made a sticky please?

Will this ever be fixed? Do DrayTek read this forum?

• bert.twildge
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2010 23:41 #28 by bert.twildge

jHamshaw wrote: My unit behaves in exactly the same way - I too believe that this is a firmware/hardware issue now that I've sorted the incorrect cable problem.

A fix would surely be the ability to insert a pause character at the front of a dialplan number, and/or to detect the PSTN dial tone after receiving #0 or a dialplan number and before dialling the rest (PSTN) of the number??

PS - Admin - can the 3 threads covering this issue be merged and made a sticky please?

Will this ever be fixed? Do DrayTek read this forum?

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2010 00:43 #29 by busta999
Replied by busta999 on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn

asimm.it wrote: Hi Busta,

Do you still experience this problem when you use a different analogue phone other than the BT DECT phone you used in the youtube video?

Yup, it was occurring with the Panasonic, BT and my mother's as well as analogues.

Got it pretty consistent in the end.

• bert.twildge
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2010 09:58 #30 by bert.twildge
One of my 2820s works ok now with the mic gain set to 10, the other 2820 still doesn't work at all with the mic gain set at any level. I have the correct same model of PSTN cable in the 2820s and I can hear dial tone ok.