DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn

More
01 Sep 2009 10:57 #7 by jhamshaw
Replied by jhamshaw on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
Mine still doesn't work - can't get relay to POTS line by any method, even #0 - line light comes on for a second then drops before any more digits can be dialled...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2009 18:05 #8 by jhamshaw
Resolved my issue - all now works fine, both #0 and Dialplan. As ever, the simplest fixes are the hardest to find. When my router was delivered, the "Line" lead was missing from the packaging - the reseller sent me one after I pointed this out. After a flash of inspiration, and trying several other RJ11 to BT plug leads, I found one that worked!

It would apopear that the router needs either straight or crossed, and the other type won't work (despite assurances fron Draytek support that it didn't matter) - however with a sealed white BT plug on one end of both leads I can't tell which it is!!

If anyone else is in the same position I suggest a trip to Maplins to buy one of each type - one will work!!

Edit - have since noticed that the number map timing is still an issue, but at least #0 works properly...

More
26 Sep 2009 23:13 #9 by derek g
Replied by derek g on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
I had the same problem with the pausing, the very slow tone dialing and the dial tone eventually coming back. I had all the cables in the box when I bought it so I could not blame the cables.

I upgraded from firmware 3.3.0 to 3.3.2.1 and the PSTN outbound dialing now works as expected for #0 and using the dialplan. When now using dialplan I don't hear the outbound tones for each digit being dialed and it zips through the number just as quickly as if I'm bypassing the router at the BT master socket.

In case it is important, I have a 2820Vn_211011 which may mean I have an older hardware build than the 2820Vn_232201 which is reputed to be the most suitable for the UK market?

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2009 14:46 #10 by busta999
at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHlfazG4-sw

More
29 Sep 2009 18:49 #11 by jhamshaw
Nicely done, and a good demo on the video, but a BAD idea to regularly test with 999 in the event that it does actually work for someone!!

123 has the same effect, and just gets you the speaking clock (or not....!) :roll:

• busta999
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2009 18:58 #12 by busta999
Replied by busta999 on topic PSTN relay timing issue on 2820Vn
Thanks

But relax, it has NEVER worked and gone through.

I normally test on 1571 though.

999 proved a dramatic point though.

The dialtone, in an emergency is expected,as is reaching the Emergency Services. the idea that someone has manufactured a product that compromises that is pretty shocking.