Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN function of IPPBX 2820

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
02 Feb 2010 09:31 #19 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
I guess so, or maybe you were just really unlucky and your unit had one of the very first firmware releases.

how many units did you have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johngordon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Feb 2010 11:07 #20 by johngordon
Replied by johngordon on topic Time to look forward
What a storm.
Is it time Draytek gave some input here. When will the POTS interface be fully integrated, what are the next release dates for upgrades etc??
I normally love their products but I'm really holding back here until I see some clear way forwards.
The version fo the IPPBX with wireless is due in the UK late March/April I beleive so I guess some work is being done.

More
15 Feb 2010 07:55 #21 by andyfinp
Replied by andyfinp on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
OK - I'm pleased to report that by putting the Firmware 3.5.4 RC5 (Beta Version) firmware release on the router and 12202.26.1.03i on the VigorPhone 350, I've got a much stabler system and we're not seeing anything like the issues seen previously.

I did find that for users 'offsite', problems were experienced with the 350, but I'm going to do more testing with that, in the meantime a Siemens Gigaset is doing a great job for my remote user.

Some problems do exist - trying to transfer an external inbound call from the remote site back to the office crashes the router and I've noticed some 'funnies' with regards to call logging, but I have every intention of getting the information together and reporting these into Draytek so that they can work on getting them fixed, but I do at least now have a usable phone system.

Phew!

More
16 Feb 2010 14:00 #22 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Time to look forward

johngordon wrote: When will the POTS interface be fully integrated,

Although it's a requested feature (by me too!) to be fair, it was never actually in the original spec. of the 2820PBX. I don't think the engineers can give a 'schedule' for the next firmware other than "as soon as we improve whatever issue needs improving". It's not like they set a date and then get round to doing the work at some point before then :-)

Forum Administrator

More
11 Mar 2010 10:24 #23 by coderus
Replied by coderus on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
I would be interested in this product too, as I have have a 2820Vn, but I would like to have a PBX control, but I need VigorIPPBX 2820 to have

1) WiFi support - understand it's coming ?

2) PSTN trunk capability - so I can have this added into the mix, but I would like to separate settings for this trunk compared to VOIP trunk.

(I would also mention that I have no need of the ISDN capabilities - however some more LAN Ethernet ports would be handy, could there an option to switch into that mode ? )

Thanks
Mark.

More
12 Mar 2010 12:17 #24 by ittel123
Replied by ittel123 on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
I've not used the PSTN function, but with regard to stablity - we've had numerous crashes.

I was about to return an IPPBX we rolled out, back to Draytek, but after a day's work reloading from factory defaults the IPPBX + Handsets and tweaking almost every setting I could (with thanks to the UK TS team at Draytek) I've got it so it's stable (touch wood) - for a company with only 3 employees I shouldn't have needed to do this, and it's damaged our reputation and Draytek's.

Real shame about Draytek Taiwan dropping the ball on this one, but go easy on the UK tech guys - they are good!

Our company is waiting to see what Draytek does next. If the firmwares improve features and stability drastically, we will try another roll out (internally at first).

As it stands I wouldn't risk an IPPBX at another customer, until I know for sure it can handle heavy load.