DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN function of IPPBX 2820

More
22 Mar 2010 07:24 #31 by admin
Replied by admin on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
So, how do I reproduce the problem? Just make lots of calls ? What firmware are/were you using ?

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2010 08:42 #32 by doubledutch
Replied by doubledutch on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
I had two non-draytek sip phones - there are Linksys spa-9xx phones. Both had 2 extensions on each.

I was registered on voipfone.co.uk

As soon as I had an incoming call, the router crashed completely - resulting in loss of Internet until it restarted (sometimes reset).

I also did a test that browsed about 30,000 pages in sequence - it crashed on that test too, so I don't think it was just the ippbx part of its firmware thats buggy.

• boardsurfer-1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
23 Mar 2010 19:21 #33 by boardsurfer-1
Replied by boardsurfer-1 on topic IPPBX woes
Hi just thought I would add to this and let you know my expieirences as I am not currently a happy man.
I deecided to fork out on the IPPBX due to Drayteks normally great products.

I have used them for over 8 years now and think they are great pieces of kit for the price you pay. Im afraid to say the IPPBX is really doing Drayteks reputation damage in my eyes.

I bought a IPPBX and thre phones two for the office and one for my home office. As someone else mentioned the router did seem to be missing some of the 2820 feature sets but that wasnt a issue.

First big issue I had was getting the vigorphone 350 to talk to the IPPBX. The two cisco handsets I have no problem however the 350 didnt want to know.

Then cam a firmware upgrade which seemed to solve that problem (both handset and router 3.5.4), next was the userprompts. I wont go into much detail except to say my unit wouldnt save them. It would either crash and do nothing, reboot or just create temp files (you can see these under the file browser in a telnet session)

I rang the support line who formatted the file system, I then tried again. It saved one then crashed and corrupted it. I rang again and they arranged a RMA and sent a advance unit.

Plugged that in today all looked good, recorded prompts, they saved. Went to set up the auto attendant and the router crashed. This time it set itself back to factory default!!!!!
This has happended about 9 times tonight. I finally got it all set up by backing up the config every time I changed a setting.

This is the worst piece of equipment I have ever used. If I hadnt only just set up my own business and needed every penny I have currently I would have slung it and bought something else.
I dont know what Draytek are doing about these routers but this is just not fit for purpose and it doesnt actually do what it claims to.

I have to admit for the pain it has caused me and the grief it has caused some of the customers I have been talking to when it has crashed I am thinking of taking this further. I dont know if anyone from Dray tek reads these posts but it surely cannot think that it has happy customers with this product at the moment.

Sorry for the rant but I thought I would just add my expieriences to the mix as I think Draytek really need to do something about this ASAP.

More
25 Mar 2010 07:37 #34 by admin

doubledutch wrote: I also did a test that browsed about 30,000 pages in sequence -.

What do you use to do that? Some downloadable software?

Forum Administrator

More
25 Mar 2010 07:40 #35 by admin
I'm having difficulty making mine crash...seriously, it would be really useful if I could reproduce a specific sequence. It's clearly not down to specific hardware. The only oddity I found was when I re-recorded the auto-attendant message but that was fine after I re-tried. My unit always had the 'latest' firmware, as did the phones but it sounds like everyone else upgraded (actually it looks like one or two of the users here with problems gave up before the later firmware).

Forum Administrator

More
25 Mar 2010 08:29 #36 by doubledutch
Replied by doubledutch on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
I'm a programmer (see www.computingdata.com) and just did a simple program to browse about 60,000 pages to benchtest the router. It crashed completely regularly at the 30,000 mark. A normal 2820 didn't crash at all in the 60k test.

The test was against the same external url, but with different parameters.

I reported the crash to technical on the ippbx phone help.