DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN function of IPPBX 2820

More
03 Apr 2011 10:07 #49 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: PSTN function of IPPBX 2820

UKenGB wrote: Both your posts indicate that you have entirely missed the point, but never mind.

Er...Why don't you clarify then? It appeared that you were implying that the ISDN interfaces are pointless because you don't use them (lots of other people do, in fact I'd even guess a significant number, where it's replacing an existing PBX), and/or that you were complaing that the product didn't have a feature you wanted.

And yes, I think you can specify the analogue line for o/g calls in the dialplan/digitmap but you'd have to check with DrayTek specifically.

I think that when the PBX was released, it was certainly lacking various features which were important for many users and it was too buggy - they should have waited, but they've pulled their finger out and added a lot of new functionality (and stability) since then.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2011 10:57 #50 by doubledutch
Replied by doubledutch on topic Re: PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
Yes, in the new beta firmware you can specify pstn as an output - as either the default for an extension or via a dialplan.

More
03 Apr 2011 14:34 #51 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: PSTN function of IPPBX 2820

doubledutch wrote: Yes, in the new beta firmware you can specify pstn as an output - as either the default for an extension or via a dialplan.

Sounds promising. But still beta you say?

More
03 Apr 2011 14:43 #52 by doubledutch
As far as I know - it's still beta on Draytek's uk website.

More
03 Apr 2011 15:09 #53 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
Is it now a usable PBX that doesn't crash?

More
03 Apr 2011 16:35 #54 by doubledutch
The last proper version didn't crash. I've been running the new beta for a few days and no crashes either.

Voip 'traffic' priority is much better than it was on a regular 2820. Calls are crystal clear with no jitter, etc... Regular 2820's though can have encrypted voip, this is not available (so far) on the ippbx.

There are a couple of major bugs that I've reported that are not yet fixed though - Grrr! Loopback is 'flakey' on the main ip - it appears to be random if it works or not and doesn't work at all on extra ip addresses. Loopback used to be perfect on an earlier firmware release (about 4 updates ago).

The loopback issue will only affect you if you have a server and want to access it internally via the external ip address. The fact that it hasn't been fixes makes me think that they don't think it is a high priority, but it is annoying to have to set program settings for server addresses to be different (to direct internal addresses) when you are in the building and using the internal lan then have to change them again (to the external addresses) when you are external to the lan. Crazy!