DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorBX 2000 to receive PSTN from Vigor2860acv

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jan 2017 13:44 #13 by ghostworks
been told that vigor 2860Vac at location b won't transfer the PSTN to vigorBX 2000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2017 15:11 #14 by admin
The Vigor2860Vac cannot transfer calls which are received on its analogue line input; that is correct. The line is there just for failover or local usage.

The two ideas given - a second BX2000 or porting the analogue line number to a SIP trunk would work.

Forum Administrator

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jan 2017 16:01 #15 by ghostworks
What service or equipment needed for porting the number to SIP

More
11 Jan 2017 20:22 #16 by gscott99

GhostWorks wrote: What service or equipment needed for porting the number to SIP

Any decent telecoms firm should be able to handle porting the number to SIP. In an deal world the same telecom supplier would provide the PSTN and the SIP trunks to make life easier.

[DISCLAIMER - I'm not trying to sell anything here - below is for reference only and what I'd advise if you were a client]

I'm a partner with a business telecoms firm. They would be £31 ex VAT per month for business PSTN with ADSL2+. Then you'd have 2 x SIPs - 2 is the minimum you can have - at about £7 each ex VAT per month. There is also a set up fee of £80 which would include the number port. The SIP trunks have free calls to landlines and mobiles but not 0870 type numbers.

So assuming you have 2 x sites, your monthly costs would be 2 x £31 for PSTN/ADSL2+ plus £14 for the SIP trunks =£72 ex VAT

cheers, Gordon

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jan 2017 21:49 #17 by ghostworks
I'll have to ask them , no info about such thing on website and since
It's a small island probably won't have it

More
11 Jan 2017 22:46 #18 by gscott99
Ah, Douglas on the Isle of Man, not Douglas in Lanarkshire :)

I have no idea about porting a Manx number. Does Ofcom regulation apply?

Maybe easiest solution then is to go for hosted solution where the pbx lives in the 'cloud'.

From memory, you'd be looking at £15 per handset for a 3 year contract with the handsets cost included and unlimited calls to 01 and 07 numbers.

cheers, Gordon

Moderators: Sami