• User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2017 12:37 #25 by ghostworks
For location b to port the POTS/PRSN to PBX I have the following

Linksys SPA3102
Cisco SPA232D

Or could buy a VigorBX 2000 just to do it properly if above doesn't work well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gscott99
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2017 22:28 #26 by gscott99
This sounds a tricky one. Being non UK means that most of what I know doesn't apply.

The easiest and possibly cheapest solution might be have 1. A call package that has free mobile minutes and 2. call divert features on the PSTN.

Then divert the number to a PAYG mobile when you are off site.

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2017 23:17 #27 by ghostworks
I'll probably get a vigorBX 2000 for location A , and try the linksys SPA3102 at location b to port the PTSN to a SIP trunk if not then another vigorBX

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2017 09:53 #28 by ghostworks

gscott99 wrote: What I would suggest is porting the PSTN number to a SIP trunk as a DDI.

Then set up a BX2000 with the ported number as an 'Alias'. This lets you put a label on incoming calls e.g 'xyz guesthouse' plus show the caller id.

Then enable remote extensions and you can have your phone handset in any location with an internet connection.

Hope the above makes sense but if not, post back and I'll try to expand on it.

cheers, Gordon

Hi

just to let you know , I have setup a VigorBX 2000ac at Main Office / GuestHouse, and 1 VigorBX 2000ac at Second Office / GuestHouse
Forwarding PSTN/POTS from Line1 to ext works fine to either locations
the call line id does however show up on handsets xxxxxx*$$$$$$$$$$$ the x been the line pstn trunk number and $ been the caller id incoming call pity can't get ride of xxxxxx*

Thanks

• gscott99
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2017 22:50 #29 by gscott99
I'm not sure I understand you.

Have you set up a PSTN trunk (902 or 903 as default) to go to a extension (handset) either locally or remotely?

To get rid of the trunk number showing on the caller display, you can create a hunt group and forward calls to that. The caller display will show the name of the hunt group.

Have you had any problems with PSTN call quality? I found that earthing the BX2000 helped. It actually comes with a shielded cable but there's no mention of the need to use it.

cheers, Gordon

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Feb 2017 10:51 #30 by ghostworks
Earthing - which part did you earth on the BX2000

I'll look into the hunt group thing to get ride of the 901*Caller ID to show just Caller ID

Thanks