DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN Set up

More
03 Mar 2016 17:28 #13 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: VLAN Set up
Curious!

Just went to reset it and found it had reset itself!

Will keep an eye on it as printers not working when require is a serious problem!

Any idea whats causing it?

Iain

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2016 09:41 #14 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: VLAN Set up
the switch possibly... Where are the printers plugged in? They should be in untagged ports in what ever VLAN they are assigned too

More
04 Mar 2016 10:11 #15 by haywardi
Hi Sicon,

The printers are plugged into untagged ports within their Vlan.

Also LAN3 is a Draytek assignment and the switches don't know anything about this assignment so I can't see how they could be interfering (but I'm open to suggestions).

One thing I'm trying for now is that I have switched from using static IP's to dynamically assigned IP's with a very long life. So far so good but it's been less than 24 hours so...

Iain

Iain

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2016 10:41 #16 by sicon
So the VLAN that is LAN3 is not included in the port that connects the switch to the draytek

More
04 Mar 2016 11:04 #17 by haywardi
Hi Sicon.

Yes it is... I am using four Vlans as followis:

Vlan0 = Lan1
Vlan1 = Lan2
Vlan2 = Lan3
Vlan3 = Lan4

Everything is trucked out of P1 into the switch and the switch is configured with ports according to Vlan tags, but the ports themselves untag to send the data onto the connected device.. There is one exception to this when I use an uplink to another switch, that data is set tagged.

This set up works with the possible exception of using 'bind IP to Mac' which I used for printers.

Iain

Iain

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2016 12:03 #18 by sicon
Ok, if you are using P1 as a trunk/Hybrid port then that port also needs to be Tagged in each VLAN on the switch itself.
here is a quick example I have on one in our workshop (default lan remains untagged the rest need to be tagged on the port the uplinks the router)

Only the end devices like PCs and printers should be untagged in their specific VLAN - Is this how you have it?