DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN Set up

More
04 Mar 2016 12:29 #19 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: VLAN Set up
Hi Sicon,

Sorry should have added that P1 is connented to P16 on the switch and P16 on the switch is tagged! P16 is also included in each Vlan used on the switch.

Also been checking the ARP cache today and so far no corruption in the table so it's increasing looking like a problem when assigning static IP's with Vlans.

If it continues to work, by Monday I think I can call it a bug in the firmware of 3.6.6.1

Iain

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jm_paulin
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2016 18:39 #20 by jm_paulin
Replied by jm_paulin on topic Re: VLAN Set up
I am trying to do the same things as you with the 2850. Are you having any success?

Shouldn't you also change the mask in all your LAN to make sure they can talk to each others?

JM

More
28 Apr 2016 10:01 #21 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: VLAN Set up
Hi JM,

NO progress I'm afraid. It's clearly a bug in the firmware and Draytek don't seem interested in fixing (I can understand this as the 2850 is EOL)

I've worked around the problem by assigning static IP address in my printers and no longer have the problem.

Iain

Iain

• jm_paulin
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2016 11:17 #22 by jm_paulin
Replied by jm_paulin on topic Re: VLAN Set up
Ok,

Looks like this is indeed the end of the road for the 2850, Draytek have a trade-in offer in place: https://www.draytek.co.uk/upgrade/. Does not look like we will get any support/update soon.

Damn

JM