• pcjazzit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2016 14:05 #1 by pcjazzit
Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING! was created by pcjazzit
On Thursday I upgrade to v2860_384_BT on a vigor 2860n+

ALL wired users started to complain of significant issues using the internet. Wifi connected users (who are all on the same VLAN) did not have a problem.

The issue seemed to be around DNS lookups, although all users had the same DHCP config and all using 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. But this issue only affected wired users.

Access to web based services on IP address was ok. as was access to POP3, SMTP and IMAP services.

Manually setting the dns on selected wired users and using differen DNS's made no difference.

I narrowed down the issue to HTTP and DNS, but following significant complaints from users I had to roll back the firmware and resinstall 3.8.2.2_VT3. Immediately all connectivity issues were resoved and perfmance was back to normal for all users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2016 20:10 #2 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Have you raised a ticket with Draytek support ?
I would've suspected they should be aware of this especially since the 384_BT release is the one being pushed for BT SIN compliance.

More
12 Nov 2016 20:20 #3 by xgoldberg
Replied by xgoldberg on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Been experiencing similar problems to others posting on this forum.
Couldn't get iPlayer to to load on two YouView boxes in my household, following the upgrade to v2860_384_BT.

Shortly after carrying out the firmware upgrade I had also taken delivery of a new AP902 access point which was connected to the 2860ac over a wired gigabit connection.
Internet connections were very flaky, slow, and often hanging, even when using a PC located only a few feet from the access point.

This evening I have restored the previous version of 2860 firmware, and YouView/iPlayer and AP902 now both work fine.

More
13 Nov 2016 09:27 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
My problem with the 3.8.4 is that the 2860 will no longer connect to my wifi modem which I use for WAN2. The router can "see" the modem on 2.4GHz but refuses to connect to it. A new feature of the 3.8.4 is supposed to be the ability to connect to a wifi modem on 5GHz, but my 2860 cannot "see" any AP's at all on 5GHz (an AP902 in an adjacent room can). Reverting to 3.8.2.3 enables me to connect straight away on 2.4 GHz, although I cannot "see" any 5GHz access points with that firmware either (but the router will connect to my iPhone on 5GHz).
Support have been looking in to this for 2-3 weeks without progress so far.

As an aside, my Wake on LAN function has not worked for several firmware iterations, although it used to work fine.

• notjustpcs
  • User
  • User
More
22 Nov 2016 10:18 #5 by notjustpcs
Replied by notjustpcs on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Just had exactly the same symptoms from 384 and 3841. Rolled back to 3.8.2.3_VT3 and all's well again.

This is on our Vigor2860n by the way.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
23 Nov 2016 14:56 #6 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!

Piste Basher wrote: As an aside, my Wake on LAN function has not worked for several firmware iterations, although it used to work fine.

What are you trying WoL? Hopefully not a Windows machine, as they don't play nicely anymore :-(