DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!

• timfrost
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jan 2017 12:07 #25 by timfrost
Replied by timfrost on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
One more vote for disabling HW acceleration as the solution. It would have been good to have this printed in larger text on the first page of the release notes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2017 12:36 #26 by stevepritchard
Replied by stevepritchard on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!

TimFrost wrote: One more vote for disabling HW acceleration as the solution. It would have been good to have this printed in larger text on the first page of the release notes.

I can't believe that a newly introduced setting that can have a default value that's so disruptive to the majority of users (I'm guessing FTTC/VDSL is the most popular means of connection with a 2860). IMHO it should have been defaulted to "disabled" with a release note indicating who would benefit from switching it on.

• jonmach
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jan 2017 10:29 #27 by jonmach
Replied by jonmach on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Thanks so much for this thread.

I finally managed to get this working after disabling HW acceleration and regressing to 3.8.2.2_VT3. Regressing didn't seem to be enough so it might be a problem that has been around for a while.

However, what confused me was that I have 2 routers. The Draytek is the main VDSL, and I have a UniFi for wifi (they do wifi much much better).

Because the Unifi is wired into my Draytek then everything is experiencing the wired issue.

I can now put the HomeHub away until the next time.

• anoracknophobia
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jan 2017 15:54 #28 by anoracknophobia
Replied by anoracknophobia on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Disabling H/W acceleration resolved my problems too.... without this forum I would have been paddle-less... thanks very much.

• robster
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2017 08:47 #29 by robster
Replied by robster on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Disabling H/W acceleration did not fix mine, neither did a Neta release of a newer version.

I had to regress to my original version.

Failover is still disabled between my two broadband connections and I am still having some ethernet browsing connections but not others.

Was lal working fine before that damn troublesome CRITICAL update! :-(

Robin

• anoracknophobia
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2017 09:51 #30 by anoracknophobia
Replied by anoracknophobia on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
update ... disabling the H/W acceleration did fix some of my issues, but there does still appear to be frequent 'timeouts' or hanging connections from my iPad.
(iPad was in effect 'wired' as it was connected via an AP which uses CAT6 cable to the router)

Tomorrow I will swap my router ( 2860Vn-plus ) for another identical model which has 3.8.2.3BT firmware, and observe the result.

Wednesday 1st Feb : performed the swap ... pages now load much faster, and so far no 'hanging'.