DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!

• jppilot
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jan 2017 00:51 #19 by jppilot
Replied by jppilot on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Yep, this worked for me as well.

Perhaps I should have read the release notes properly!

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hsclater
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jan 2017 15:38 #20 by hsclater
Replied by hsclater on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
I will give this a go, though I am on ADSL. I have WiFi routers which are connected via a switch so effectively they are wired as well, which may explain why I had issues with both wireless connections.

• robster
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jan 2017 10:10 #21 by robster
Replied by robster on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Okay add me to the list with a broken 2860 since upgrading to latest version of firmware.

I was working fine on 3832 (think) but noted that the new 3842 version was marked as a critical update.

Did the update last night and noticed severe slow downs.

This morning Not only is my primary internet horribly unresponsive, the 2860 will not fail over to secondary connection.

Both broadband connection are working but I do not have a copy of the earlier firmware to fall back on so am completely down, well partially running on a BT Home Hub!!!!

What the hell is going on at Draytek????

PS the H/W acceleration fix does not work for me!

More
28 Jan 2017 07:19 #22 by stevepritchard
Replied by stevepritchard on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Add me to the list too. I have a straight 2860 connected to Zen, and the 3.8.4.3BT caused the intermittent connectivity problems that others have mentioned. At first I thought it was DNS, but pings seemed to get resolved ok, and traffic flowed, but there were definite issues with HTTP/HTTPS (mostly the latter).

I switched to 3.8.4.3 (548006 / non vector) by using the "Check the latest upgrade" facility on the Router (and it doesn't list the BT variety, just non-vector, v1, v2, and v3), and everything seems to be working fine. I must admit, I have no clue what vectoring is, and whether I should be using one of the firmwares that support it.

Do we know if Draytek have picked this up as an issue?

Cheers,

Steve.

More
28 Jan 2017 07:50 #23 by cjogo

Tedcart1 wrote: I found this solved any browsing problems with wired connections.

From Release Notes;
2. On VDSL, if experiencing delays in web browsing then disable H/W Acceleration via [Hardware Acceleration] > [Setup]. This will not impact the throughput performance.

Hope this helps

Note to self! RTFM - Read the f'in manual! In this case the Release notes before upgrading!!!!
When will I ever learn!!!

More
28 Jan 2017 08:36 #24 by stevepritchard
Replied by stevepritchard on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!

cjogo wrote:

Tedcart1 wrote: I found this solved any browsing problems with wired connections.

From Release Notes;
2. On VDSL, if experiencing delays in web browsing then disable H/W Acceleration via [Hardware Acceleration] > [Setup]. This will not impact the throughput performance.

Hope this helps

Note to self! RTFM - Read the f'in manual! In this case the Release notes before upgrading!!!!
When will I ever learn!!!

D'oh! I did read it, and didn't twig that FTTC=VDSL.

I've re-applied 3.8.4.3BT, and disabled the Hardware Acceleration option, and all seems to be fine so far...