DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!

More
02 Feb 2017 16:38 #43 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
Disabling Hardware Acceleration worked for me in the end.

Started by downgrading firmware a version at a time and got nowhere, even tried the various vector versions without success.

I disabled hardware acceleration which worked a treat then upgraded to the very latest version, all's well for the time being.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2017 16:52 #44 by sph2701
Replied by sph2701 on topic Re: Vigor2860n+ v2860_384_BT issue WARNING!
I have disabled Hardware Acceleration (WHY????) and it resolves ONE issue - partly - i.e., I can get onto some media sites, but does not work so well.
It completely blocks me from such as Amazon, Ookla Speed test and also patient admin on my doctors.
All this as soon as ethernet plugged back in.
Wireless **appears** to be ok for now.

Pretty rubbish actually, and no help from the makers either - it appears this has been going on since mid December?
I got my first email saying critical update only last week.
Well, critical or not - its made a royal mess of this mac - I do not like wireless for all the stuff I do.

Any ideas anyone or are we totally at the mercy of Draytek now?
Thankfully, I didn't do my other one, which is fully wired and totally critical to my business.
Lesson Learned.

More
02 Feb 2017 16:54 #45 by sph2701

akwe-xavante wrote: Disabling Hardware Acceleration worked for me in the end.

Started by downgrading firmware a version at a time and got nowhere, even tried the various vector versions without success.

I disabled hardware acceleration which worked a treat then upgraded to the very latest version, all's well for the time being.

So did you go back to an earlier version of firmware (How please) disable acceleration there, then update to the new 'BT' version?
Thank you.

More
02 Feb 2017 17:06 #46 by akwe-xavante
I removed the draytek router and plugged in the ISp's router that I received as there freebee to get me back online which works fine.

You can get all the earlier firmware versions here: http://www.draytek.com/ftp/Vigor2860/Firmware/

I then downloaded a selection and then disconnected my ISP's free router and reconnected my Draytek router. I installed several backward firmware versions and failed to solve my problem, I then I disabled Hardware Acceleration and bingo it worked.

So I then upgraded the routers firmware back to the very latest available 3.8.4.3_BT, made sure Hardware Acceleration was still disabled and all's well and working.

I'll add that in all probability I needn't of downgraded my firmware at all in the first place. All I probably needed to do from the outset was disable hardware acceleration.

More
02 Feb 2017 17:36 #47 by sph2701
I **appear** to now be working.
Initially hardware acceleration disabling had little effect - just allowed social media, but still very slow.
I double checked it was disabled, re-installed the new firmware again, re booted, logged out totally of my browser, logged back in and here I am - and it appears to be ok.

I did not want to go back to earlier firmware as it would have meant totally re-configuring everything as it's not backwards compatible at all according to release notes.

Thankfully, some folks on here take the time to share this info.
Deeply un-impressed with Draytek.

Good hardware.
Backup, well, that needs work doesn't it. That's what lets everything down and causes headaches.

More
02 Feb 2017 17:48 #48 by akwe-xavante
If you do firmware up / downgrades using the .all file you don't loose any settings. If you use the .rst file you do.

You can usually downgrade so far and up to a point.

We can't blame Draytek, sorry you can't. It does suggest turning off Hardware Acceleration in the release notes for the firmware!

I, like just about everybody else I'm guessing didn't read the release notes first!!!!!

Don't be disappointed with Draytek, draytek products and there firmware upgrades are on the whole outstanding. All hardware manufacturers have hiccups now and then that's what firmware upgrades are for, to put these problems right. Sometimes they also cause problems too. But as always we should read the release notes first, I didn't, did you?

Pleased your sorted, I am. Yes OK it has caused me a few hours of buggering about unnecessarily but I should of read the notes first.

My Fault, Not draytek's