Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2830 and BT Infinity using a BT Business Smart Hub

• dansw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2017 13:50 #13 by dansw
Thanks, it is doing this on the latest firmware i.e. 3.8.5 is the last known good one for you? It just arrived 20 minutes ago, straight from SEG so shall be loking at it later on this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2017 15:45 #14 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Vigor2830 and BT Infinity using a BT Business Smart Hub
Dan

Nice one, sounds like you will have a WAN config similar to mine. I am still on 3.8.4.6, due to the issue of configuring everything again if I upgrade.

Good luck, let me know if you have any issues. Don't forget your VDSL Vlan tag 101, although I think they have thought about this in later firmware.

Regards

Pete

• dansw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2017 10:00 #15 by dansw
Hi Pete,

I've got a ticket open with Draytek at the moment but wanted to hear if you had any similar issues. I have this new 2860 in situ on the network in an attempt to get it configured solely with Infinity before I disconnect the existing 2830. I seem to have successfully restored the 2830 settings onto the 2860 and I can successfully access the GUI, ping it on the LAN etc I have also got it to connect directly to Infinity where it appears connected. Unfortunately, I have two issues:

1. From the GUI diagnostics I cannot ping an external IP outside of the LAN, I just get request timeouts

2. Whenever I log into the GUI I notice that the uptime for WAN1(Infinity) is always in minutes which must mean it is dropping and reconnecting. It is never disconnected when I attempt the ping diagonstics above (in case you were wondering!)

The ticket with Draytek is regarding the ping problem but the disconnects are worrying me based on threads I've seen with the 2860n and dropping connections. I have the latest firmware as I forgot to tale your advice and use 3.8.5!

Did you have any of the above problems?

Thanks

Dan

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2017 10:11 #16 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Vigor2830 and BT Infinity using a BT Business Smart Hub
Hi Dan

Co-incedently, I had just answered another thread, when you sent this!

Which version of 3.8.5 did you install, was it the one with modem code three? (3.8.5-03v_en.zip), unzip, and use the all file. Cannot do screenshots on here!!

Are you using ping detect by any chance, give the connection some breathing space on the timeouts if you are?

Failing that, i would take a backup of your setting, and store them away with the firmware, and rollback to 3.8.4.6 BT or 03 firmware.

If you require any assistance, let me know, and maybe I could mail you some info with screenshots via email.

Good luck

Pete

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2017 10:24 #17 by silverstreak_2006
Dan

If you require up and running, ASAP, go to 3.8.4.6. look at the last thread I have answered to on 3.8.5.

Regards

Pete

• dansw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2017 10:41 #18 by dansw
Thanks Pete,

I went straight to the latest i.e. 3.8.4.6_BT without updating to 3.8.5 first. I guess I can roll back (re-update) to 3.8.5, I just want to hear from Draytek first as they normally don't take too long to reply. I've got 'arp detect' as the WAN's 'WAN Connection Detection'.

Thanks

Dan