Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 and youview

• mychips70
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2018 10:23 #19 by mychips70
Replied by mychips70 on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview
I had issues with the Vigor 130 & TP-Link TL-R660VPN with YouView through BT, Initially nothing worked then just the SD channels worked "sort-of" I have IGMP Snooping and Proxy as options and IGMP V2 & V3 and can select Internet or IPTV, so you would think all eventualities would be covered.

In the end I have IGMP snooping and Proxy with IGMP V2 selected along with just internet as priority traffic for the LAN ports.

I had to alter some of the settings of the Vigor130 for MPoA to enable which is shown on the Draytek website.

I now have full HD channels and the 4KUHD sport channel.

Ive had people suggest turn snooping off and leave proxy on with dedicated IPTV LAN channel and many different alternatives. It may be just trial and error per set up certainly was for me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2018 19:16 #20 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview
Draytek still working on it. I'll have to give them a gentle prod.

More
31 May 2018 11:37 #21 by the pit
I may have fixed it although some of the steps I have done before with zero result.

Step one Create a policy route so that all traffic goes via the appropriate Lan in my case wan2. This has been present from day one.

Step two Under Nat port redirection make sure ports 1024 to 8081 go to the ip address of your youview box. This rule has been in and out over the months

Step three Under applications make sure igmp proxy is enabled. Set to the wan that your BT provider is on in my case wan2 Without this you can't tune the internet channels .

Step four Untick PPP header (Only a recent addition) Prior to this firmware 1.4.0 unticking or ticking made no difference

This will result in stuttering picture

Syslog will show UDP flood

Step five Under the firewall disable UDP flood

Now you'll be able to watch BT channels for about two to five minutes until you get ipc 6023 error

Step 6 Under Firewall disable the following

Block IP channels
Block Land
Block Smurf

With there settings I have been watching BT youview for about 20 minutes without an ipc6023 error.

I'm not saying it's totally fixed only a few weeks of running will confirm it or not. So it's seems that you need firmware 1.4.0.

More
09 Jun 2018 15:21 #22 by the pit
Still working so clearly the fix worked.

Draytek asked me to disable DOS defense and change the policy route destination to any which as expected killed the connection.

However it's clear that disabling the firewall doesn't actually disable it properly which is a bit worrying and there's also an issue with the dmz as I had the box on that once and it still didn't work.

More
02 Jul 2018 18:24 #23 by the pit
LOL

Draytek lost the email where I said I fixed it.

I wondered why they kept asking me to try things. Now sent them the fix again.

More
04 Oct 2018 20:23 #24 by the pit
Well I didn't use the youview since the world cup ended and it has now ceased functioning again.

So I raised a ticket with draytek which they didn't read properly and they sent my solution back to me.

Anyway whats changed?

The firmware and one extra web cam which isn't using multicast.

So I reset the unit to defaults and then reloaded the config and it still didn't work.

In the system logs it has a new entry

Oct 2 20:35:55 Vigor: FPP detect Flooding from WAN port (11) wan2 type:(dest port 5802) This bit was in the ticket.

So next step I downgraded back to version 1.4. 0 patched it reset to default and then loaded the working config again.

Same thing and every time Oct 2 20:35:55 Vigor: FPP detect Flooding from WAN port (11) wan2 type:(dest port 5802) came up the 4k stopped working.

If I reboot the draytek youview will work until the firewall kicks in judging by the leds on the panel.

however if I disable the firewall the draytek still blocks the port

So clearly the firewall doesn't turn off when you switch it off even if you reboot.

This confirms the earlier struggles with youview where I suspected that disabling the firewall didn't do anything.

So how can I fix this. A rule for the port may work but it looking at the firewall rules you have to have an ip address and the ip address changes ever so often so that won't work.