DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 and youview

More
09 Nov 2018 18:03 #31 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview

admin wrote: Your explanation here is unclear and rambling (to me, personally) so hopefully it's clearer to DrayTek support :-)

A clear concise explanation, always stating version numbers would help.

I've already mentioned that the draytek 2960 needed to be on version 1.4.0 for it to work. The 130 is also on the latest version but the 130 isn't the problem it's the 2960. On the first post I say the issue is with 4k streaming. On the 31st of may I posted the solution of how to get it too work. Plus the version of firmware you needed to get it to work.

It worked fine through the world cup and then I stopped using it and meantime upgraded to 1.4.1

Then recently I decided to watch a few football matches and 4k wouldn't work properly with ipc6023 errors.

I rolled back to version 1.4.0 reset to defaults and loaded the backup up config and still no go.

The problem is mullticast traffic on the wan port which gets blocked when it reaches a certain level. This flood protection you cannot turn off only increase the threshold which in the 2960 can't go high enough so you still end up with stuttering and picture breakup although you lose the ipc6023 error.

Draytek have been did a few minor changes confirmed the fpp message when the number of packets get to high and asked me to try again. Same issue.

Unless Draytek can increase the threshold further and whether the cpu can handle it is another matter. The 2920 can handle 4k without issues but then it can't handle the throughput needed for my Virgin network so I can't go back to that. I have both Virgin and BT.

Looking at the traffic graph it shows very little traffic on wan2 as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2018 10:58 #32 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview
Thanks... strange that it worked on 1.4.0 and later didn't. Maybe 1.4.1 changed some behind the scenes settings os I wonder if a factor reset and try from fresh might help... but back everything up so you can resotre easily... but really, I've no idea on this - probably view people with that config and I guess DrayTek don't have Youview :-)

Forum Administrator

More
16 Nov 2018 19:37 #33 by the pit
I'm beginning to think this router is going to router in the sky.
Draytek asked me to send log file with the flood warnings.
So I went back into the 2960 and noticed the router had got into a loop constantly issuing dhcp 6 leases, ipbindmac busy performing blocks plus other things.
Last time I saw this behavior was when I set the ddos threshold to the maximum value of 1999. So I telneted it in and set it back to defaults.
It was still unhappy despite a reboot so I reset it to factory defaults and then reloaded the config that I saved before draytek had a play.
However I can no longer check what value the ddos threshold is
4k is more stable but still breaks up but being unable to issue commands via telnet is a bit worrying.
So I think draytek need to look at that now.
To be honest apparently this router can handle up to 20 wans so it should be able to handle multicast of a connection less than 100mbs

More
13 Dec 2018 20:00 #34 by the pit
Managed to get it stable can't remember how.

Anyway draytek sent some beta firmware which disables the ddos on the ports completely. Well backed up of course and it worked better but still broke up so I then enabled a new function under igmp proxy fast forward and apart from one brief breakup has worked flawlessly again.

I also noticed under this firmware the cpu isn't getting hammered and sits at 1% to 2% rather than 90% or more when viewing multicast.

More
17 Dec 2018 09:09 #35 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview
Great, that's good that it's working better with your Youview setup now.
Please communicate that back to the support engineer, so that the fixes can be incorporated into future release firmwares as well :)

Forum Administrator

More
31 Dec 2018 21:28 #36 by the pit
Past the info back and also queried another feature under igmp proxy where the wan ip address is wrong and doesn't change when the ip address changes. In fact typing in any address doesn't make any difference so it seems to be a feature that doesn't work.
I still get the odd break up but can put up with one or two interruptions over an hour and a half.
Draytek came back asking me to disable proxy fast forward. I guess they didn't read or forget that this was the only way to get it relatively stable.
I double checked but no fastward is no solution.