DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 and youview

More
23 Jan 2018 10:37 #7 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview
The IGMP guide doesn't cover the 2960 at the moment. What happens if you set the IGMP via PPPoE option to Disable?
To my knowledge the IGMP / multicast isn't part of the PPPoE session but still needs to have VLAN tag 101 attached.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2018 18:06 #8 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 130 and youview

admin3 wrote: The IGMP guide doesn't cover the 2960 at the moment. What happens if you set the IGMP via PPPoE option to Disable?
To my knowledge the IGMP / multicast isn't part of the PPPoE session but still needs to have VLAN tag 101 attached.

It's that tagging I'm thinking aybe part of the problem. However the 130 still should work when plugged directly into pc with ppoe enabled. It doesn't.

If I set igmp to off I get zero subscription channels.

More
27 Jan 2018 17:40 #9 by the pit
No joy with the vigor 130 and 2960 setup. Interestingly the test channels don't work with the BT homehub but with the homehub plugged into the youview box the uhd channels work. So clearly the info on the test channels is out of date. I've posted on the BT forums but no response so far.

The choices are then remove the luxury of back up line and have separate virgin and BT setup.

Or put the BT hub and place the draytek 2960 in a dmz zone and see if that works. If it doesn't then that suggests neither drayteks work with youview.

Would have tested this out today but after waiting two hours for breakdown truck after hitting a pothole the same pothole took out three other cars while I was there and four others pulled over and got the rims back without checking the tyres. I was too knackered to bother.

More
06 Feb 2018 19:03 #10 by the pit
okay I disconnected the vigor 130 and plugged the hub6 into the draytek. Made sure draytek was in a dmz zone and changed the connection to ethernet. Youview wouldn't work.
So this is possibly telling me both the 130 and 2960 won't work with the device or just the 2960. I've got a spare cisco unit which I could try. However I don't know if that works with youview or not regardless.
I've raised a ticket with draytek a couple of days ago and no response. I'm not surprised by this as this has happened in the past. Normally when they can't fix an issue and then they just stop responding to emails asking for progress. I'll give a few more days and if I hear nothing I'll raise another ticket.

More
09 Feb 2018 21:02 #11 by the pit
Still nothing from draytek so will raise another sunday as I'm out tomorrow.

More
12 Feb 2018 09:29 #12 by the pit
Raised another ticket with draytek as I never got a response to the first one.