DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?

More
21 Aug 2018 08:53 #13 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?

rob.nicholson wrote: > Certainly a backup for the PDQ card readers as they need to take payment at the bar!

Use analogue line as backup for PDQ. Our Ingenico ones can be set up to use data as primary connection and landline as secondary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rob.nicholson
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Aug 2018 09:09 #14 by rob.nicholson
Replied by rob.nicholson on topic Re: Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?
Exactly the same model and that may well be the best option as I think the landline is going to be kept.

More
31 Aug 2018 10:34 #15 by geroi
I had another incident involving 2860 and latest firmware - v3.8.9.2_BT
Both broadbands (wan1 ADSL + wan2 ethernet via EFTC) were playing up at the same time and whole site lost its VPNs, QOS, VOIP etc
Only restart of the router helped.

I'm replacing 2860 with 2862 and instead of copying config - I will set up 2862 from scratch.

Pain in the bum :evil:

More
17 Sep 2018 10:25 #16 by geroi
Despite buying new 2862 and rebuilding it from scratch - I'm still struggling with occasional performance issues. Same firmware v3.8.9.2_BT but on 2862.

I can see that new version for 2860 has been released last week. Maybe when new one is released for 2862 - It will improve things.

• rob.nicholson
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Sep 2018 10:50 #17 by rob.nicholson
Replied by rob.nicholson on topic Re: Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?
Thanks for the update. My main client is not reporting any problems with the existing firmware so I'm leaving well alone. Bit of a catch-22 though. One wants to keep on top of security fixes but reliability trumps security?

More
17 Sep 2018 11:00 #18 by geroi
The most bizarre thing is that when I try to access the router via ADSL on WAN1 = the router is struggling with performance, while CPU is chewing my request on WAN IP via Port 80 - pings are being lost for about 10-15 seconds when the page is loading, VPN is dropping etc.

I think it could be down to some of the new settings which have been enabled after May Hack - brute force option.

This is sooooooo random and strange.