DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
19 Sep 2018 10:56 #31 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?

geroi wrote:

geroi wrote:

geroi wrote:
If you are reading this while using 2862 or 2860 which are struggling with dual-WAN performance = disable Brute Force Protection.

Where do you find that option, is it under DoS defence? I've gone back to v3.8.8.8 at the moment and might give v3.8.9.2 one last go (this will be my seventh flash back and forth between the versions) to see if it solves my problems although their not dual-WAN related.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2018 12:04 #32 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: Is v3.8.9.2_BT stable?

hopkins35 wrote:

geroi wrote:

geroi wrote:
If you are reading this while using 2862 or 2860 which are struggling with dual-WAN performance = disable Brute Force Protection.

Where do you find that option, is it under DoS defence? I've gone back to v3.8.8.8 at the moment and might give v3.8.9.2 one last go (this will be my seventh flash back and forth between the versions) to see if it solves my problems although their not dual-WAN related.

Thanks

System Maintenance - Management.

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
19 Sep 2018 12:33 #33 by hopkins35

geroi wrote: System Maintenance - Management.

Oh yes, thanks. So it is a setting that existed in v3.8.8.8!

More
19 Sep 2018 12:38 #34 by geroi

hopkins35 wrote:

geroi wrote: System Maintenance - Management.

Oh yes, thanks. So it is a setting that existed in v3.8.8.8!

This is not a new setting. I was told that it's been there for few years. Only after May hacking event there was a recommendation from Draytek to enable it.

The only problem is that they didn't mention in that recommendation that this feature is broken and we will have all the intermittent problems because of this :(

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
19 Sep 2018 13:31 #35 by hopkins35
I'm surprised to see that it existed and that it's enabled on my stable 2862 running v3.8.8.8 but then as mentioned my symptoms aren't related to dual-WAN. I found on v3.8.9.1 and 3.8.9.2 that certain remote clients were unable to access my webserver via HTTPS and that I lost outbound HTTPS to some external addresses. Support were unable to replicate or help in 3 months so I'm back on v3.8.8.8 and am contemplating a different manufacturer for the day when there's a critical reason to update from that firmware version. The inbound connection issue was so random that only 1 out of 4 external connections was unable to access my webserver, I nearly got him to open a ticket with his ISP as when he tethered his laptop to his 4G connection it worked fine but as soon as I rolled back to v3.8.8.8 he had access again!

More
19 Sep 2018 14:17 #36 by geroi
I feel your pain. This was affecting two of my sites, each one with 15 users with VOIP, Site2Site VPN, Access to Email, ERP and heaps of other services.

Rather critical stuff.

So far, fingers crossed, all running smoothly.