DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2862 -unable to hold a reliable connection

More
01 Sep 2018 16:35 #13 by spellbinder
Modem code you can leave it on Default or Auto, I cannot remember the exact setting

MTU 1500 yes

ADSL modem settings, you can leave PPPoA (not PPPoE)

I am very surprised you are all experiencing issues with the V2862, I have installed a few on BT lines, Sky etc. without any problem!

Can you post what you have in Diagnostics, DSL status?

@acolwill, you are also using WAN1 VDSL port? BT Infinity? What is the PPPoE message displayed on the status page? What credentials are you using? You could try using the default ones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• acolwill
  • User
  • User
More
02 Sep 2018 11:07 #14 by acolwill
@spellbinder

WAN1 VDSL port, Infinity2. PPPoE error is “PPPoE: No response from server side”
I've got DSL sync, 72 down 10 up.
Plugging in Openreach (ECI) vDSL modem to WAN2 has no issue.
PPPoE credentials for both connections are "default" i.e. bthomehub@btinternet.com / password.

More
02 Sep 2018 20:10 #15 by spellbinder
But do you have the VLAN configured for WAN1?

More
03 Sep 2018 10:36 #16 by haywardi
Awilcol,

Just a thought, you did set the vlan tag on wan1 to 101? You don't need it on wan2!

Apologies if you already did this...
Ian

Iain

More
03 Sep 2018 10:44 #17 by haywardi
An update.

I got so fed up with the disconnects on Friday I switched back to using the BT modem.... Oddly, It too disconnected and re-connected a few hours later (but the reconnect must have been so fast that none of my systems that use the internet constantly even noticed the disconnect) and I only noticed because I checked the dashboard on the 2862. Therefore I began to wonder if there is a fault on my line, so I decided to do nothing and leave it running for the weekend, oh dear, the line has now been up 55 hours and still going strong.

Therefore I will leave the BT modem in place for the next couple of days just to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the BT modem does not disconnect and there is no fault on my line before I do any more upgrades.

However, I am now beginning to wonder if perhaps the 2862 is sync'ing to fast and failing to lower the speed when it disconnects to ensure stability over speed (which perhaps the BT modem did when it disonnected)... Only a suspicion at this stage.

Will keep you updated.

Iain

More
03 Sep 2018 13:23 #18 by spellbinder
Yes, this is why I wanted to check the DSL status page above but you didn't show the useful details :p
Can you post the SNR margin and attenuation for both DL and UP?