Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

• keithop
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jul 2022 17:43 #175 by keithop
Replied by keithop on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

For info - 4.3.2 RC3, router has crashed twice with this RC, runs for a few days then stops responding and internet is dead, gone back to 4.3.1 (4.3.1.1 wasnt good for me either).

yes same for me. 4.3.1.1 has been fine for me but 4.3.2 RC3 crashed nastily after a few days, tried it again and same happened.

definitely one to avoid for now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jul 2022 21:32 #176 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Glad it wasnt just me then - thanks!

• storyboardassociates
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jul 2022 09:41 #177 by storyboardassociates
Replied by storyboardassociates on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
The memory leak with 4.3.2_RC3 is much worse than with 4.3.1.1. You can see the memory increase in our Zabbix dashboard every few hours before it gets to about 85% then the router crashes and needs a power cycle.

4.3.1.1 was not good, we would get about two to three weeks before a crash, so have gone back to it. We use Wireguard, which is great, for LAN2LAN VPNs, so the new features are really appreciated, just not the worse stability.

Static IP4 & IP6, 7 VLANs, 100 clients, six site to site VPNs.

• keithop
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jul 2022 12:47 #178 by keithop
Replied by keithop on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

The memory leak with 4.3.2_RC3 is much worse than with 4.3.1.1.

yeah sadly true :/ I don't recognise the quality of this release as being Release Candidate at all. Surprised it wasn't spotted earlier and kinda worried about what the quality of the final release will be...

• storyboardassociates
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jul 2022 20:21 #179 by storyboardassociates
Replied by storyboardassociates on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Memory creeps up, then router crashes.

• storyboardassociates
  • User
  • User
More
03 Aug 2022 16:40 #180 by storyboardassociates
As a test to eliminate other networking hardware (switches and APs) in our network, our use and configuration of multiple VLANs, IPV6, FTTP ISPs, any user device compatibility (mac, pc and Linux), our VPN providers, and our use of Cloudflare Zero Trust warp services; we removed the 3910 and replaced it with a virtualised PFSense solution running on ESXi7 with dual passthough NICs (for those who are interested in the test).

IPV6 now works flawlessly across multiple LANs and across the WAN. All devices respond the same (or quicker) than the latest 3910 firmware, stability is rock solid and overall delivers everything the current 3910 firmware does not.

I hope the next revision of the firmware resolves all these issues, otherwise DrayTek does not deserve to claim any credentials for enterprise grade solutions.

At least we now know the issue is the firmware. Early version 3.x was excellent (although lacking some features). It all started going wrong after version 3.9.2