• User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2022 14:31 #193 by visionmill
Replied by visionmill on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

jhtwu wrote:

jhtwu wrote:

visionmill wrote:
I have a 10gb fiber link to an outbuilding using SFP+ in both the 3910 and a Mikrotik 10gb switch (running SWOS). I've also tried this with a netgear 4250 with the same result

Vlan1 is untagged, vlan 2 and 3 are tagged on this link.

From a cold boot everything works correctly and will continue to work. If I turn off the Mikrotik over night and repower in the morning the link lights come on but I don't get any traffic / DHCP. A fast reboot of the 3910 doesn't fix the problem, but a normal reboot does. Rebooting the Mikrotik makes no difference.

I've just downloaded the logs and in the current, I have a lot of TX failed to port [4] .....failed ??? ret=0/1. I don't have anything connected to P4 on the 3910 - maybe that's something else and not related. Not sure what I would be looking for in the logs or if this is a 4.3.2 issue.

Seems not easy to identify the issue, I think it should be some bug of 3910 about vlan, you can call for DrayTek support with debug logs

Maybe you can check "Diagnostics >> ARP Cache Table", check if any wrong data for IP/MAC/VLAN/Port

Don't think anything is wrong in the ARP Cache.
Downgraded to 4.3.1 and there are no longer TX failed to port in the logs and the 10gbe link was restored fine this morning without having to reboot the 3910

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• storyboardassociates
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2022 14:51 #194 by storyboardassociates
Replied by storyboardassociates on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
This just shows that Draytek are not testing the software enough. Sad to see a great name in IT slide like this.

• visionmill
  • User
  • User
More
30 Sep 2022 13:06 #195 by visionmill
Replied by visionmill on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

visionmill wrote:

jhtwu wrote:

jhtwu wrote:

Seems not easy to identify the issue, I think it should be some bug of 3910 about vlan, you can call for DrayTek support with debug logs

Maybe you can check "Diagnostics >> ARP Cache Table", check if any wrong data for IP/MAC/VLAN/Port

Don't think anything is wrong in the ARP Cache.
Downgraded to 4.3.1 and there are no longer TX failed to port in the logs and the 10gbe link was restored fine this morning without having to reboot the 3910

Sadly on day 2 the port 4 errors are back and the remote switch is again not getting any traffic. 😡
I have tried connecting via copper an P4 to see if that is any better. I do wonder if its related to the tagged vlans as initially P4 was only in vlan 0 and as soon as it was connected to the switch I could ping it. When I added Vlan 2 & 3 everything and restarted the 3910 everything stopped again. Another reboot of the 3910 and its working again.

More
02 Oct 2022 14:05 #196 by jhtwu
Replied by jhtwu on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Another way to debug the issue : LAN >> Port Mirror/Packet Capture
If VLAN issue , you can ping and check icmp packet

• 36bits
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2022 08:53 #197 by 36bits
Replied by 36bits on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

service_bb wrote:
Corrected: An issue where an untagged PC got an IP from a network that had a VLAN tag.

Can anyone confirm whether this issue is now fixed on the 3910 or indeed any other DrayTek device? This bug has been around for ages and essentially renders VLANs useless in certain configurations. I've raised it twice with DrayTek but they refused to fix it stating that it was by design.

• storyboardassociates
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2022 09:49 #198 by storyboardassociates
Replied by storyboardassociates on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
I sold my all my DrayTek kit because of this and moved on.