Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP910c F/W 1.2.0 issues

• psykix
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2017 00:05 #31 by psykix
Replied by psykix on topic Re: AP910c F/W 1.2.0 issues
Just a quick update, I replaced the AP902s with Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO access points earlier today, and left the 2860 in situ.

Everything is working perfectly. Even trying to overload the wifi by running multiple streams of Netflix at the same time that the kids were both on Youtube, the wifi didn't break a sweat. Ping times remained at <1ms to the router.

There's definitely an issue with the AP902s - I'm looking to return them.

Tomorrow I'll be replacing the 2860 with a Ubiquiti USG.

Unfortunate, but I just need this stuff to work - although I have a server/network infrastructure background, battling with this stuff day in, day out just ceases to be enjoyable after a while!

Thanks for all the help on here, but I think my love affair with Draytek is at an end :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wrightclick
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 12:53 #32 by wrightclick
Replied by wrightclick on topic Re: AP910c F/W 1.2.0 issues
Pretty sure I've got the same issue with a couple of AP-910Cs which I installed in a local pub last week. All wifi clients get kicked off and when they try to reconnect, it says the password is incorrect. I got one of the staff to power cycle both APs and that cleared the problem. However, it happened the next day, so I got them to just unplug one, to see if the issue was with one of the APs. After further trial and error, it seems it's both.

A quick look on the forum this morning brought me to this thread. Not impressed.

I'll have to try downgrading the FW to see if that fixes it. If not, I'll be getting a couple of Edimax CAP1200s which are identical hardware with better firmware. I only went for the Drayteks (which are considerably more expensive), as they already have a 902 in the office and I thought the central management would make it easier for configuration and monitoring. That would be fine if the FW was actually stable...

• alanjob
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 22:17 #33 by alanjob
Replied by alanjob on topic Re: AP910c F/W 1.2.0 issues
Hi Guys,
I'm just after buying an AP902 and I am having the same issues on v1.20. (clients stay connected but data wont pass).
I too have downgraded to 1.1.7.3 and ill see how it performs.

Kind of frustrating as I am a Cisco engineer (CCNP) but decided to go with Draytek as running full Cisco kit in the house is serious overkill not to mention the power consumption.

Alan

• wrightclick
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 22:21 #34 by wrightclick
I've been in, backed up the configs, downgraded the AP-910Cs to 1.1.7.2 and the AP-902 to 1.1.7.3 and restored the configs this evening, so we'll see how it goes and I'll report back...

• alanjob
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 22:40 #35 by alanjob
Replied by alanjob on topic Re: AP910c F/W 1.2.0 issues
Hello again,

That didnt last long, mine has failed again within an hour on v1.1.7.3
Next step, I'm disabling band steering and creating 2 separate networks.

Alan

• wrightclick
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 23:07 #36 by wrightclick
Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for me :(