2820Vn PSTN Relay Not Working

More
18 Aug 2009 17:57 #7 by jhamshaw
Replied by jhamshaw on topic 2820Vn PSTN Relay Not Working
Model Name : Vigor2820Vn
Firmware Version : 3.3.2.1_232201
Build Date/Time : Jul 24 2009 16:48:40
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Annex A

So, has anyone got PSTN passthrough working properly? I can get the "Line" light on by using all methods quoted - dialling #0, setting up digit map, PSTN relay, but in ALL cases, I don't get a PSTN dial tone from BT before the router drops back to the SIP dialtone. Have tried 3 different types of phone, even a standard hard-wired handset, to no avail. Have the very latest non-beta firmware as well.

Help, please, anyone? I'm having to dial out on PSTN on another handset plugged into the phone line directly!!

A real shame as incoming SIP calls via SIPGate work a treat...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• busta999
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2009 21:14 #8 by busta999
Replied by busta999 on topic 2820Vn PSTN Relay Not Working
Sorry no joy here :-)

I can get to the PSTN dialtone if I do #0 wait then I get the tone.

All other ways fail,

Not fit for purpose, ie cannot dial 999 and get through to emergency services.

If you dial 999, wait several seconds, get to beeps, wait several seconds longer you get a new dialtone, then redial 999.

Not very practical and way to much to put on a phone so people know how to dial 999.

Unfortunately the rest of the Draytek has started to fail also, it it won't let most of my machines on the LAN access the admin interface. Basically any machine connecting directly to the Draytek, wireless or LAN port fail.

One that comes in through a wireless relay can still but half the config options are missing and only bits of the screen draw.

Good luck with yours, so much promise.......

I had to take it off line.

Broadbandbuyer won't fix it and Draytek just redirect me to where I bought it, Broadbandbuyer, so I have raised an issue under the consumer credit act and gone through the credit card I used.

This way I get a refund and Broadbandbuyer get to argue with Lloyds instead of me.

More
19 Aug 2009 09:25 #9 by jhamshaw
Shame, as this is my 3rd Draytek and the rest of it performs faultlessly... #0 would do for me as I'm only using the SIP/VOIP for a business line and have a POTS service for the rest of the house, but even this doesn't work for me!....

Any Admins reading care to comment please? Is this (still) being worked on??

• busta999
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2009 18:21 #10 by busta999
Has anyone made any progress with this?

It still isn't working and I cannot make any further progress.

It is fully up to date with firmware updates, I cannot think of anything else to do but wait for Broadbandbuyer.com to stand up to their Returns Policy and replace this faulty device.

They said they would get back to me on 23 July, but I have not received a thing since then so I guess I just have to send a legal letter and hope they act according to their published policy.

More
28 Aug 2009 08:25 #11 by jhamshaw
Not me.... I now have 2 handsets - one connected to router for incoming SIP and one connected to my voice socket with a doubler for outgoing POTS..... Less than ideal, I know..... :roll:

• busta999
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Aug 2009 09:14 #12 by busta999
JHamshaw - Thanks, I really don't want to run two sets of phones around the house.

I am now pushing for a replacement unit and hope that takes care of it.

I'll post if I get any progress.