DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820and ADSL 2+ support

More
19 Jun 2009 09:16 #13 by stuey
Replied by stuey on topic 2820and ADSL 2+ support
Draytek are working on this. Please fill out a support request http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html explaining the issue on this site as it may well add weight to our cause!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2009 16:45 #14 by rmccardal
Replied by rmccardal on topic Re: 2820and ADSL 2+ support
Tut tut! it's actually the truth. the 2820 is not currently working with the majority of BT's own ADSl2+ MSANs.

admin wrote:

As the other guy said, it's nonsense. The vigor2820 certainly supports ADSL2+, Annex A and M. Who was this ISP ?

More
06 Jul 2009 13:53 #15 by jmn
Replied by jmn on topic 2820and ADSL 2+ support
I reply to this thread even though I have a 2800VG. I have similar problems to those mentioned. ISP = Demon. Comparisons with G.DMT and G.992.5 (ADSL2+) are posted on www.rmnjmn.demon.co.uk/DrayTek and select Summary. G.DMT typically 6 Mbps and ADSL2+ typically 4 Mbps. Had several conversations with Demon technical support who have seen my plots. Demon say that they had similar speed problems with Netgear routers - fixed after Netgear supplied a patch. Demon want to know if DrayTek are going to respond to this problem. I've submitted a report to DrayTek tech_support.

JMN

JMN

More
07 Jul 2009 08:41 #16 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: 2820and ADSL 2+ support

rmccardal wrote: Tut tut! it's actually the truth. the 2820 is not currently working with the majority of BT's own ADSl2+ MSANs.

Working fine here with Entanet adsl2+ although the msan I'm connected to is by the same chip manufacturer as the 2820 uses so that may help compatibility?

More
09 Jul 2009 12:32 #17 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2820and ADSL 2+ support

rmccardal wrote: Tut tut! it's actually the truth. the 2820 is not currently working with the majority of BT's own ADSl2+ MSANs.

Wow, you must have been very busy to have surveyed so many people..... assuming you didn't just make that up :-)

Forum Administrator

More
09 Jul 2009 19:09 #18 by quitch
Replied by quitch on topic 2820and ADSL 2+ support
Well it works for me, but it doesn't sync as fast as the ISP provided router (Be*, Speedtouch 780)

Moderators: Sami