DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

More
11 Nov 2009 07:49 #13 by vanaalten
Replied by vanaalten on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

DaveGarratt wrote: For those of you with lockup issues can you let me know if the wifi is setup for b/g/n please ?

I have it set to b/g/n and have serious connection problems: stable for a few minutes at the most, then connection drops and I have to reboot.

I had it solved by disabling MIMO (multi-in, multi-out) on my Intel 4965AGN wifi-card - but I have the impression that this also forced the connection to 'g' instead of 'n'.

Firmware 3.3.3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2009 08:36 #14 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I am using a similar card Intel 5100 AGN - the Web admin page was very slow to appear when in b/g/n mode. It was odd because you would think that if it was just a generic wireless problem it would effect the speed that web pages arrived to your pc. But it seemed most noticeable when accessing the web admin page. Our approach was the same, albeit from different sides - stick with 802.11g

I have 2 2802n's and they are both running 3.3.3 and have both been up for 64 hours as I type this.

No lockups or reboots required so far.

Dave

• gruffle
  • Topic Author
More
11 Nov 2009 12:36 #15 by gruffle
Replied by gruffle on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
in my case the crashing routers are 2820's not 2820n's so wireless not the issue for me

More
11 Nov 2009 16:38 #16 by davegarratt
Sounds like you use VPN a lot - wonder if there could be an issue related to Lan to Lan VPN

More
11 Nov 2009 19:25 #17 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I have the slow web page with cabled here.
Anyway suddenly today after a upgrade to 50 meg cable broadband I had two lockups requiring a reboot.
Hopefully a just bad luck but will keep an eye on things.

More
12 Nov 2009 10:20 #18 by davegarratt
Just trying to determine what if anything is common among those people who are having problems. My 2 routers have now been running for 90 hrs. If you have b/g/n wifi enabled but not using it could you switch to "g" only mode anyway. It could be relevant to the performance of the router rather than the link speed between your pc and the router.

Also, since changing to Windows 7 I am using the software VPN to connect to my office and disabled the VPN Lan to Lan that I had previously been using.

Shame we don't have some online database where we can select what features we have changed from default on our routers - we might be able to spot a common thread.

Moderators: Sami