DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

More
20 Nov 2009 09:49 #31 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
Personally after many years of various Draytek routers this firmware release is the best one I've ever had. I'm not longer experiencing any problems.
My main gripe ever since the 2600, 2800 and 2820 was the fact that in Safari the web GUI never seemed to work properly and seeming very slow. In this latest release it is as smooth and fast as I would expect with no problems or errors.
Finally they are getting there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2009 10:34 #32 by splank
Replied by splank on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I took the plunge yesterday and moved from 3.3.1.2 (which i consider been one of the most stable firmware version out of them all)... to 3.3.3 - after the poor efforts of 3.3.2 I was half expecting to role back - however the router has been stable for 24hrs so far - wireless is good (managed to transfer around 8Gb over it yesterday without fail), ADSL stable on a long line, and router performance is still good, no problem with my LAN to LAN VPN's either

will keep a backup of the 3.3.2.1 firmware allong with the backup of the settings just in case

More
22 Nov 2009 10:40 #33 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I have 2 x 2820n's which have been runnning for 330hrs each now.

I would also say this has been the best version so far from my experience.

Dave

More
27 Nov 2009 08:06 #34 by splank
Replied by splank on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
ive had one lock up so far thats needed a hard reset

More
06 Dec 2009 17:11 #35 by jmn
Replied by jmn on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
On 3 December I moved from 2800VG to new 2820Vn. Upgraded to 3.3.3_232201 and running OK since.
Tests:
1. g/n wireless works OK especially with BroadCom chipset which 2800VG did not like without special firmware.
2. WAN2 -> Thomson SpeedTouch 585 router -> ADSL2+ (Demon) works but is slower than expected. SpeedTouch (£35) router provides 25% faster SYNC speed to ADSL2+ than either 2800VG (a long standing issue with DrayTek, never resolved) or 2820Vn
3. Normal WAN1 connection is OK. (6 Mbs compared to 7.5 Mbs with SpeedTouch.)
4. WDS bridge between 2820Vn and 2800VG works OK
5. Problem: Syslog does not work. Selection is cancelled when I move from Syslog menu to any other. Others appear to get Syslog to work. Advice please?

Generally stable so far.

John

JMN

More
06 Dec 2009 17:50 #36 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

jmn5
Problem: Syslog does not work. Selection is cancelled when I move from Syslog menu to any other. Others appear to get Syslog to work. Advice please?

DrayTek added syslog to USB with a radio button. Make sure it's selected with "Syslog Save to" = syslog server rather than usb. Hopefully that helps. If not perhaps try a .rst upgade (take a backup of cfg first) and see if you're able to save it after the router has been put to factory defaults. If it works from default but not using your cfg then it means that something in the old cfg isn't compatible with the new firmware.

Moderators: Sami