DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

More
31 Jan 2010 18:33 #49 by tgold
Replied by tgold on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I'm new to DreyTek and the 2820 so I don't know how v3.3.3 differs from prior releases. I have found the load balancing disappointing, where different sessions to the same host seem always to join as a herd. Also I have been unable to make the mail client work to send mail. There is also a bug in the VPN server. From a LAN host I can connect to other LAN hosts via the WAN address via foldback, but if I try to connect a VPN client to the router via a WAN address the VPN server breaks such that the router must be restarted to re-enable it. A more general point on the firmware - it is very rude in not warning about restarts or offering choices. Making some minor config change may lead to the router demanding a restart, at which point there is no option to make that change later or to abandon the change, so sessions are interrupted and all the history in the statistics and the graphs is lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2010 16:22 #50 by atilke
Replied by atilke on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

jmn wrote: Yesterday I reported:

Problem: Syslog does not work. Selection is cancelled when I move from Syslog menu to any other.

I reloaded 3.3.3 but the problem remains. I reverted to 3.3.2.1_232201 of Jul24. Now the Syslog page works and Syslog 4.2.0 running on an IBM ThinkPad reports incoming data on port 514. The older Syslog 1.11 on a Mac also works (on 1514) but doesn't have the additional info. Mail alert also works and sends test email correctly to my Mac.

Conclusion: bug in 3.3.3 in Syslog/Mail Alert page.

Also tested in 3.3.3 and 3.3.2.1: SNMP setup reports link activity correctly on port 162.

John

I had same problem after upgrading to 3.3.3 and was told by Draytek support that due to alot of new features, the web config was not backward compatible and that I needed to reenter all my config from scratch.

Fortunately, after destructive reinstall of 3.3.3 I did only basic config first and found that the syslog settings were still not accepted.

My next step was to suspect browser compatibility. Indeed, when I used IE instead of chrome the syslog config was accepted. I then restored my backup and confirmed the syslog config was taken using IE. This saved me alot of time once I found the problem to be browser related.

More
03 Mar 2010 20:18 #51 by jmn
Replied by jmn on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I reported earlier on this topic:

Problem: Syslog does not work. Selection is cancelled when I move from Syslog menu to any other.

..and this problem does not appear with 3.3.2.1. After discussion with the DrayTek team (thanks) it appears that the code for this page is no longer compatible with Safari (on a Mac). (sigh) However, there is no problem with Firefox. Functionality to Syslog server and SMTP server is OK.
---

So you have seen the same problem. The Safari issue might be fixed in a later issue.

John

JMN

Moderators: Sami