DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience

More
10 Dec 2009 09:15 #43 by davidbstanley
Replied by davidbstanley on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
No problems for me with 3.3.3_232201. 230 hours uptime no crashes. USB printing was a problem before (3.3.1.2), but is working perfectly now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2010 08:59 #44 by anony999
Replied by anony999 on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
I have 3 x 2820Vn's

Totally dissapointed with them, one still reboots on a daily basis, the other looses wireless daily (although it thinks its still connected) and needs a reboot.

The only thing they are good for is door stops.

I have had them now since they came out and keep hopeing a further firmware release will fix my issues.

They should team up with microsoft as another example of a company who cant release stable products.

I now have dumped the wireless on my router with the wireless problem and am using an Apple Timemachine to run my WiFi - Works a dream and never misses a beat.

Just got to sort my office one out now

My 2 penneth

Dave

More
27 Jan 2010 10:59 #45 by apotts
Replied by apotts on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
For the record - 3G dongle support for my 3 dongle (ZTE MF622) is broken in 3.3.3.

You need to revert to 3.3.0.1 to get it to work.

More
27 Jan 2010 11:10 #46 by shanselman
Replied by shanselman on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
ANyone any idea when the next firmware is out?

I saw that the pbx version has a beta release the other day.

We're having to bounce ours every few days at the moment due to the 500 errors and massive packet loss (presumably a side effect of the same issue, running out of resources).

More
28 Jan 2010 14:26 #47 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
Should be fairly soon, there's beta releases available on the internets:
http://www.visus.pt/mirrors/draytek/Vigor2820/Firmware/3.3.4_RC4a/

Those should cure your massive packet loss problems as that's normally caused by memory leaks.

More
28 Jan 2010 15:15 #48 by jmn
Replied by jmn on topic 2820 Firmware 3.3.3 experience
3.3.3_232201 is stable. System Uptime: 934 hours. ISP: Demon. SYNC: varies but usually 6.0 +- 0.5 Mbps (5.3 km from exchange). Wireless: G. Access: WPA (one client cannot handle WPA2 or mixed WPA/WPA2 so WPA only). One client on 1Gbit LAN. Syslog runs continously to one client for logging.

Continuous monitoring of SYNC, CRC, SNR Margin, Line Att every 5 minutes for input to rrdtool. Plots uploaded to website. Unix script monitors CRC error count: I have found that when errors rise sharply, data throughput can be reduced to as low as 5 kBps (!!!). When CRC error exceeds 30k, script automatically telnets router and issues adsl idle; adsl reboot. Link broken for about 90 secs before re-sync established and normal throughput regained. If Demon takes DSL down and the router does not re-establish within 5 minutes, then another monitor script (using snmpget to look at GW address every 5 minutes) will automatically issue "adsl idle, adsl reboot"). This may repeat after another 5 minutes if necessary. So far, have not had to intervene by hand - such as forcing a hard reboot or power-cycling of router.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
John

JMN

Moderators: Sami