• amuren
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2012 15:53 #13 by amuren
Replied by amuren on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
Hello Niggly54,

Tried the MAC address - set it to match the MAC of the Sky Router - no change. The MER issue should be dealt with by the custom firmware Draytek supplied, so I am puzzled as to why mine is not working despite others getting the same modem working on the same Sky fibre unlimited service and in the last two months.

I wonder whether the sky fibre user name and password estracted from the Sagem F@ST2504n are correct? The user name looks to tbe MAC code in hex, followed by "@skydsl" while the password is wildy different - some 15 characters? Is this correct, or is the password perhaps the wifi password, or the mac code repeated?

Anyone from Draytek shed any light on this as it should be working by all acccounts.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• niggly54
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2012 17:05 #14 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
No problem amuren.
Try this link http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/46873-f-st2504-router-wpa-network-key-too-long.html if you haven't already, and regenerate your password. If it's not too much trouble re-entering settings, load the recommended firmware using the .rst variant to set back to factory fresh and start again. Best of luck!

• amuren
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2012 23:07 #15 by amuren
Thanks - I tried this again this pm, but again, to no avail - it seems the username and password are correct. I wonder If I would be better with a 2830n, or 2750n if Draytek can confirm the MER support actually works.....

• niggly54
  • User
  • User
More
13 Nov 2012 17:36 #16 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
Frustrating. I'm convinced it is just one setting that's stopping it working. There is no guarantee another Draytek would be any more likely to work with Sky. Looking on the Sky users forum, there are many people who have had success with the 2820n on Sky. Perhaps it's time for some lateral thinking. The number of times I've repeated something, convinced it's correct, when it turned out not to be so.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
13 Nov 2012 17:51 #17 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
as far i know draytek has not confirm mer working with their products yet

• amuren
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Nov 2012 10:01 #18 by amuren
I am thinking likewise, and have tried a number of variations, so far without success. Its one of those situations where it doesn't really matter as the current set up works - I would just prefer to use the 2820n, and as others have, it makes me determined to keep at it. babis3g Draytek doe have MER support available - you have to ask for custom firmware though - it won't work as it is - firmware revsion is 3.3.7.2_RC3a.

For now I've flashed the firmware back to the current general release, in case I give up and sell it on.

Ideally I'd like a one box solution as with ADSL (modem/router) but it would appear one can only do that with BT infinity currently, with Sky more locked down. If I had known this upfront, I would have gone with BT for this reason alone, but it's not worth the change cost and hassle now.

Anyone know of other brands or models that may work - ideally want x4 port Gigabit ethernet and dual band wireless N, modem not required, but MER support is!

Thanks