Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n

• gjwell
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2013 10:18 #25 by gjwell
Replied by gjwell on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
Please could some one PM me the 3.3.7.2_RC3a, firmware too? i've tried 3.3.7.4 with no luck :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2013 13:50 #26 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
It may be faster to contact the support team
Even i have got a unit from ebay, they still help me in the past asking a beta

More
12 Oct 2013 12:47 #27 by jimbobaggins
Replied by jimbobaggins on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
I have a Draytek 2820vn and use the VoIP features to drive two phone lines for my business. Recently, I upgraded to Sky Fibre and now have the Sagem SR101 router. What I am trying to do is to either replace the SR101 ideally, though if this proves impossible would settle for using the 2820vn as an access point - as long as the VoIP can be made to work.

Steps I have taken so far.

1. Tried both the 3.3.7.2 RC3a firmware and the latest firmware 3.3.7.4 with both the following methods:-

Method 1

With the Openreach modem connected to WAN2:

1) Upgrade to firmware 3.3.7.2_RC3a
2) Reset router to factory defaults
3) Under WAN > General Setup, disable WAN1 and make sure WAN2 is enabled
4) Under WAN > Internet Access > WAN2 > Static or Dynamic IP, enable this mode, use "Obtain an IP address automatically" and specify the Router Name as your sky username and password in the following format: aabbccddeeff@skydsl|password
5) Set the MTU value to 1478 (this is what my Sky router was set to)
6) Apply the settings and reboot

Method 2

The firmware will send Option 61 in any WAN DHCP request using the username and password that's been set in the
PPPoE menu. Option 61 is sent in hex based in the form username|password

1. Set the WAN (either WAN1 or WAN2 depending on which WAN is being useD) to PPPoE
2. Enter the Sky username and password in the PPPoE screen
3. Save the settings reboot the router.
4. Change the WAN mode to "MPoA" (WAN1) or "Static or Dynamic IP" (WAN2). Even though PPPoE has been disabled the username
settings are still saved.
5. The Router will now send "username|password" as option 61 in any DHCP request. The string is coverted automatically
into hex.

Neither of these worked for me and I have tried every combination you can imagine.

I have managed to get the 2820vn to work as an access point, i.e. it will allow internet access, though I can no longer access the router admin page and it doesn't show in the SR101's 'Connected Devices' list, so I can't locate it's new IP address to reconfigure the Voip.

Any ideas most welcome to avoid having to spend even more time pulling hair out.

More
03 May 2016 03:45 #28 by galmax77
Replied by galmax77 on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
Hi can anyone please upload the beta firmware for this router..

I use to have it as I contacted Draytek many moons ago but since then have change my router sold it an now I brought one back after sometime :D
I'm after the beta MAR firmware for the 2820n as I'm trying to get it connected to sky fiber, I know it works as I had it working before (I'm lMaXl from sky user board :lol: )

I have contacted Draytek but I duno if they will even have this firmware anymore sadly but was worth a try.. I don't expect much in response though.

Someone must have this firmware somewhere or can dump it from their router maybe??..

• gjwell
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2016 08:47 #29 by gjwell
Replied by gjwell on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
Hi galmax77,

I have the DrayTek Vigor 2860n and I am using standard firmware and connecting directly to sky fibre (ditching the sky hub and the open reach VDSL modem) i am running with 3.8.1_STD of the firmware. You need to get the login username and password for your sky account using wireshark to sniff packets one you have this, follow these instructions.

Tellnet to the router and issue the following commands.

To disable DHCP option 60
> ip dhcp option -e 0 -w 1 -c 60 -v 0

To set the login string in DHCP option 61
> ip dhcp option -e 0 -w 1 -c 61 -v "youruser@skydsl|yourpass"

To open a telnet session and assuming the router IP is 192.168.1.1, also please remove " quotes,
press the enter key once each of these commands has been entered)
1. Go to the Start menu, select Run and on there type "cmd" and click
OK, or if the Run option is not present, type "cmd" in the "Start
Search" textbox above the Start button and press enter.
2. Type "telnet 192.168.1.1"
3. Enter the password for the router.

If you are on a mac you can open a telnet session through terminal

Finally you need to enable the VLAN Tag Insertion (VDSL2) option and set the tag to 101 under WAN>General Setup.

Hope this Helps

Geoff

More
28 May 2016 15:07 #30 by galmax77
Replied by galmax77 on topic Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited + 2820n
yea thats great.. I will try it but..

Im using the 2820n which isn't supporting MER but Draytek release a BETA RC2 firmware in 2012 which modded the router to send option 61

Code:
The firmware will send Option 61 in any WAN DHCP request using the username and password that's been set in the PPPoE menu. Option 61 is sent in hex based in the form username|password 1. Set the WAN (either WAN1 or WAN2 depending on which WAN is being useD) to PPPoE 2. Enter the Sky username and password in the PPPoE screen 3. Save the settings reboot the router. 4. Change the WAN mode to "MPoA" (WAN1) or "Static or Dynamic IP" (WAN2). Even though PPPoE has been disabled the username settings are still saved. 5. The Router will now send "username|password" as option 61 in any DHCP request. The string is coverted automatically into hex.

My problem is the I cant find or get the old firmware anywhere, I contacted Draytek an they said to download the 3.3.7.2_STD (which isn't 3.3.7.2 Rc2) I have put the _STD firmware on my draytek an setup the router an said above used WireShark to check an option 61 isn't sending my user/pass..

I really just need that beta firmware.

I tried what you said an the telnet errors "to many inputs" I will just have to buy a new draytek :/