WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

• netjet1980
  • User
  • User
More
14 Aug 2020 13:20 #43 by netjet1980
Replied by netjet1980 on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

rolandrat wrote:
A while ago I tried to add a Domain based route policy and it died a death, had to reset and reload config.

Oh dear! I had one domain based routing policy active. Disabling all routing policies was the first thing I did, so that one will stay inactive for the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2020 19:51 #44 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Multiple IPV6 address's had that when I changed settings on the dhcp server. Releasing and renewing fixed that issue.
The other strange thing was when I changed the dns servers on the draytek the pc's kept getting the old ones back and even flushing the dns cache didn't fix it. So somewhere in the draytek it was holding onto the dns servers. It seemed to fix itself when the lease timed out at 3910 end.
They are certainly dhcp issues with the router

• netjet1980
  • User
  • User
More
15 Aug 2020 21:50 #45 by netjet1980
Replied by netjet1980 on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
33 hours and running "stable" at the moment.

One thing in regard to domain based routing: 400Mbit over three WANs, peaking at around 150 sessions. Activated a domain based routing policy and within a couple of minutes CPU shoots up to 80%+ and it's starting to get very unstable with packet loss to the router and the web interface becoming unresponsive. When switching this over to an IP range based routing, back to normal not breaking a sweat. A router of that calibre should be able to handle this easily, so there is hoping it is something that will change via firmware updates and improvements in the future.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
15 Aug 2020 21:54 #46 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Yes, domain based routing must be broken, or at least causing issues. I had a 3220 before this and that was fine with it.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2020 22:31 #47 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
Got my other connection installed today, 3910 seems to cope nicely. BT 310/50 and Vodafone Gigafast 900, session based load balancing.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/4cf75067-d061-4f68-890c-b72edbddd056

• pcjazzit
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2020 17:06 #48 by pcjazzit
Replied by pcjazzit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
So I have been running a 3910 with 3.9.2.2/v6.

This thread has confirmed what I am seeing.

WAN P1 - Not used
WAN P2 - Not used

WAN P3 - Used - Fixed IP

LAN P4 - Connected to internal switch Untagged LAN1/LAN 3 WITH VID/LAN4, WITH VID

WAN P5 - Used - Fixed IP
WAN P6 - Used - Fixed IP
WAN P7 - Used - Fixed IP
WAN P8 - Used - dhcp

LAN P9 - LAN 2
LAN P10 - LAN 2
LAN P11 - LAN 2
LAN P12 - LAN 1

I have VM's connected to different ports. Only those machines connected to LAN 1 can browse the internet. All machines connected to LAN 2 have terrible throughput perfomance. Routing rules do seem to work as expected with LAN 1.

Other than IP range (192.168.10.nnn - LAN 1 and 192.168.20.nn LAN 2 etc) these two lans are configured the same.

If I change a P9 to from LAN 2 to LAN 1 for example. All machines connected to P9 have proper internet access. Change P9 back to LAN 2 (and reset the connections) the machine have no internet access, or very slow access.

It does appear that the 3910 running 3.9.2.2 cannot handle multiple LANs and VLANS.

I have had to reconfigure to run with only LAN1. Not much point of having and expensive multi LAN router if it does not do what it says on the box!