Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
03 Sep 2020 18:35 #55 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
USB is the basics, there are two of them on the front, its been a feature on other drayteks for donkeys years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2020 18:39 #56 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

rolandrat wrote:
USB is the basics, there are two of them on the front, its been a feature on other drayteks for donkeys years.

Yup that'll load up the cpu even further it's struggling to do other tasks right now. :)

Too be honest when they asked me to keep logs I was hunting for the usb option. Luckily I do have a pc running 24/7 and I would have liked to just stick the usb stick in.

The router should also support jumbo frames but it doesn't.

More
03 Sep 2020 18:42 #57 by the pit

The PIT wrote:

pcjazzit wrote:
So I have been running a 3910 with 3.9.2.2/v6.

This thread has confirmed what I am seeing.

WAN P1 - Not used
WAN P2 - Not used

WAN P3 - Used - Fixed IP

LAN P4 - Connected to internal switch Untagged LAN1/LAN 3 WITH VID/LAN4, WITH VID

WAN P5 - Used - Fixed IP
WAN P6 - Used - Fixed IP
WAN P7 - Used - Fixed IP
WAN P8 - Used - dhcp

LAN P9 - LAN 2
LAN P10 - LAN 2
LAN P11 - LAN 2
LAN P12 - LAN 1

I have VM's connected to different ports. Only those machines connected to LAN 1 can browse the internet. All machines connected to LAN 2 have terrible throughput perfomance. Routing rules do seem to work as expected with LAN 1.

Other than IP range (192.168.10.nnn - LAN 1 and 192.168.20.nn LAN 2 etc) these two lans are configured the same.

If I change a P9 to from LAN 2 to LAN 1 for example. All machines connected to P9 have proper internet access. Change P9 back to LAN 2 (and reset the connections) the machine have no internet access, or very slow access.

It does appear that the 3910 running 3.9.2.2 cannot handle multiple LANs and VLANS.

I have had to reconfigure to run with only LAN1. Not much point of having and expensive multi LAN router if it does not do what it says on the box!

I wonder what would happen if you just lan2 going by an external switch. You shouldn't have too. Yup we are Draytek unpaid beta testers.

Just had another thought are you using jumbo frames. I know they are not supported on the 2.5gb ports so you get a really poor through put with them enable. To port switches down to 1Gig but only actual half the speed you would get if you used a swicth that supported jumbo frames.

More
10 Sep 2020 19:08 #58 by the pit
169 hours without a reboot and seems to have managed a failover during that time without killing the network as well.

• service_bb
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2020 20:40 #59 by service_bb
Replied by service_bb on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues

The PIT wrote:
169 hours without a reboot and seems to have managed a failover during that time without killing the network as well.

---- removed snippet which indicated 3.9.2.3 had been removed from Global as it was inaccurate ----

I raised a ticket regarding my HA issues outlined in https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23694 last week but have yet to hear anything.

I'm in the process of setting another 2x 3910 up in HA (obviously a glutton for punishment) but at this location there's no immediate VLAN requirement so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

If there was another alternative that didn't bust the bank, supported HA, gigabit WAN and site-to-site VPN I'd probably give it a whirl but we've used Draytek for literally 15 years and the entire team is familiar with them so we want to stick with them. This is making it hard tho.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2020 20:45 #60 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: WARNING - Vigor 3910 firmware issues
3.9.2.3 still there as far as I can tell, UK site can be anything from a few days to never having global released firmware.

Mine (granted heavy home use) has been up 380 hours without missing a beat.