DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927AC Fixed IP comment corrupted and reboots with v4.4.5 firmware

• piste basher
  • Away
More
20 Apr 2024 09:10 #13 by piste basher
Did they indicate what it was about your configuration that they thought was causing the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
20 Apr 2024 14:56 #14 by neil201
No which isn't particularly helpful. Rebuilding yesterday from scratch it seemed to be after the VLAN section was populated with TAG ID's and port assignment when it then went unstable and started rebooting again on any form of interrogation. I backed up as far as I'd got and then downgraded and re-installed the backup prior to factory resetting, all is now working fine again back on v4.3.3.1

People on here have reported upgrading with the Taiwanese generic English version rather than the specific UK one and not having issue. I suspect it's when certain features of the Router are being used where the bug is which then causes the instability.

• piste basher
  • Away
More
20 Apr 2024 15:38 #15 by piste basher
Yes I have tried both the UK and Taiwan downloads with the same problems. At least somebody in Draytek is aware that there are issues, thanks to your efforts.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
20 Apr 2024 18:32 #16 by neil201
On the unit you've had issues with were you using VLAN tagging and how many subnets were in use? Mine has 6x LAN subnets active with three VLAN tagged plus 27 active LAN to LAN VPN's.

Things seem to have gone a bit quiet with the person I was dealing with at Draytek on the support side of things since saying the issue is configuration related on my part. I've now put this back to him and closed that loop in confirming the issue recurs even with a clean rebuild on v4.4.5 so hoping it will get investigated a bit deeper.

• piste basher
  • Away
More
21 Apr 2024 08:19 #17 by piste basher
I have 5 subnets with 3 of them tagged. No permanent VPN's set up. just connection available for occasional dial-in users.

• neil201
  • User
  • User
More
21 Apr 2024 10:21 #18 by neil201
Thanks, clearly it's not more widespread as Draytek would have received many more complaints so wondering if this is multiple subnet or VLAN related where implemented? I'll feed this back to them this coming week and see if I can get them to show more interest.

I'd like to hope support staff may occasionally browse this forum too but not so sure?